How do we win another game with an Oline this terrible?

Some on this site don't think blitzes work because this isn't a pop warner league and OL have a answer for blitzes. i wish those other OLs would give Iowa those answers

Ferentz will get his 7-8 wins. Sadly, not good enough for probably Penn St, for sure Wisconsin, and probably a turd somewhere in game we should not lose. Par for the course. Sucks.

The interior of the line is high school level, and Michigan doesn’t hard elite DTs this year.

We are getting A gap blitzes from every team going forward and we can’t stop it.

I’m in shock as I’ve never seen the from an Iowa team before

I’ve never seen Iowa’s offensive line play a worse game. Incredible

Ferentz will get his 7-8 wins. Sadly, not good enough for probably Penn St, for sure Wisconsin, and probably a turd somewhere in game we should not lose. Par for the course. Sucks.

I just told my friend that Iowa is an 8-4 team, that’s what they’ve been for 20 years and will be for the next 20. It’s the ceiling you can get to (on average) when your recruiting rankings are in the 30’s and you are a development program. That’s an 8-4 program.

Sure they’ll hit 9-3 occasionally, however the 7-5 year will average them out.

Maybe
The interior of the line is high school level, and Michigan doesn’t hard elite DTs this year.

We are getting A gap blitzes from every team going forward and we can’t stop it.

Maybe they need to stop the fancy run blocking and just fire out strong hat on hat. Get back to basics in the run game, get Stanley under center to get back to regular pro style formation, start running the ball, and work on some friggin easier pass patterns for 5-10 yards to move the chains.

As the game goes along start passing on first down play action once in awhile. Tell this offensive line to get physical

I cant believe wirfs and jackson cant push some guys back a few yards

On one play in the 4q one of the Paulsons ended up on his back 4 behind the line scrimmage. Completely overmatched. Is he the best we can put out there?

On one play in the 4q one of the Paulsons ended up on his back 4 behind the line scrimmage. Completely overmatched. Is he the best we can put out there?
Probably not knowing captain safety pants values what grade your in over skill

Well with all this STanley's NFL draft stock took big tumble as he showed his total immobility and deer in the headlights look. I thought he would be able to pick a team like Mich apart this year but on a lot of plays receivers were not getting open but also Nate wouldnt airmail the ball into the 7th row either. \\

Cant have those sacks

Well with all this STanley's NFL draft stock took big tumble as he showed his total immobility and deer in the headlights look. I thought he would be able to pick a team like Mich apart this year but on a lot of plays receivers were not getting open but also Nate wouldnt airmail the ball into the 7th row either. \\

Cant have those sacks
He can replace kirk cousins at minny and they would never notice

I just told my friend that Iowa is an 8-4 team, that’s what they’ve been for 20 years and will be for the next 20. It’s the ceiling you can get to (on average) when your recruiting rankings are in the 30’s and you are a development program. That’s an 8-4 program.

Pretty sure they are in the 40's most years.

When in the world did KF start having recruiting rankings in 30's? Aren't we usually 40s and 50s?

Cant have those sacks
I can't believe some people thought he ever had any draft stock potential at all.

Some on this site don't think blitzes work because this isn't a pop warner league and OL have a answer for blitzes. i wish those other OLs would give Iowa those answers

Blitzes work, especially against an Iowa team that cannot make any adjustments. Iowa did not adjust at all to counter the blitz. The offensive group from everyone involved on that side of the ball played absolutely terrible and were coached terribly. Really disappointing because the defense played so well and the opportunities were there

How do we win another game with this OL?

Duh. Play defense for 60

Well, first, this line will get better. I mean, it pretty well has to. It's not like it can get worse.

This game really exposed 3 things:

1) Our guards are very mobile. You can game plan around that and I would expect that they will now that it has been made so obvious. There is just no excuse coming into the game not having a plan, though.

2) Apparently, nobody in our offense can read a damn blitz. Not Stanley. Nobody on the OL. Hell, not even the backs or receivers could call them out. This is inexcusable. I truly don't understand how this could be an issue with a senior QB.

3) Our OL was not in sync with each other. We've had a couple of injuries and switched people around a bit, so some of this was to be expected. But we are almost 1/2 way through the season. Our OL coaching seems to be really sub-par and our OC is not helping them out in any way.

Blitzes work, especially against an Iowa team that cannot make any adjustments. Iowa did not adjust at all to counter the blitz. The offensive group from everyone involved on that side of the ball played absolutely terrible and were coached terribly. Really disappointing because the defense played so well and the opportunities were there

No team on the college level should so devastated by the blitz as we seem to consistently be. Plain and simple. Yeah, the blitz works great against us. But it shouldn't. Any other team would have adapted and made them pay.

I can't believe some people thought he ever had any draft stock potential at all.

Actually I did based on some of his throws, tall and strong, but he would need a great Oline.

After watching him freeze multiple times today I dont think he has it for the next level unless someone really coaches him up for quick reads and a little more accuracy