**OFFICIAL HAWKS FORCED TO GO TO NEW JERSEY GAME THREAD**

What's the top 5 win totals in iowa history? They have to have a chance to get up there don't they? I'm fully aware that this team is slightly above average and just keeps finding ways to win, so I don't expect to win out, I dont expect a Big 10 tourney run (obiously) and I dont expect a deep NCAA tournament run, but man are they making this season fun.
We better enjoy it now cuz Fran's going back to a 12/13 man rotation next year. FTR, I think we get at least sweet 16, possibly championship game. :cool:

I've seen 2 cool videos on Twitter. One was the side angle right behind Joe. That one is bad ass. The other is a video with the titanic song dubbed in. The cool thing about that angle is you can clearly see Baer purposely tipping the ball to the corner. I think he was going for Moss, bit either way it was an extremely heady play by him to keep the play alive. Just Baer making Baer plays.

We better enjoy it now cuz Fran's going back to a 12/13 man rotation next year. FTR, I think we get at least sweet 16, possibly championship game. :cool:

I don't think the smaller rotation is affecting this season at all. It seems like every game everyone plays terrible except 2 players. Seems to me more options would be better in that situation. The difference thos year is Wieskamp, a little bit of Connor, and clutch play down the stretch. Defense has helped too but it's still bad.

Reactions: trj
And now I've seen a video of both buzzer beaters back to back. Bohannon's still gives me chills. Just the sound of the ball ripping through the net and the crowd erupting. Unreal shot.

Another example why I’d choose to be lucky than good. Lucky remains undefeated.

The men’s team continues to snatch victories from the jaws of defeat. Though I’d rather get back to blowing teams out, I take squeaker victories over heartbreaking losses.

For the most part, Iowa is winning close games this year. They haven't always done that in the past. I guess that's lucky? Over and over?

What a great effort by the Hawks. Cut down on the turnovers in the second half! Negated the steal advantage that Rutgers had. Bohannon hit some crazy shots. I thought Moss kept us in the game in the first half, I'm not sure how Fran wants to use him in the second half but I think he can finish. I like that he is using Connor as a second ball-handler that has been the difference this year. If Moss can bridge scorer and ball-handler we have something going into the postseason.

Go Hawks!!!

So nice to keep getting wins when the team is in a bit of a funk. They haven't played that well since Michigan. Hopefully they can turn it around and roll some teams.
Kriener and Dailey better bring their best for Maryland. When you are getting contributions from only 6 1/2 players it's going to look a little funky.

I still think it was stupid to do the baseball pass down the court. 3 seconds is a lot of time to get a decent shot off
Except we had a baseball player throwing it. More importantly, Rutgers decided not to guard the inbound passer.

Moss came very close to forcing his own teammate to travel. Wouldn't that have been a sickening way to end the game. Very solid game for Moss, by the way.

Except we had a baseball player throwing it. More importantly, Rutgers decided not to guard the inbound passer.

Moss came very close to forcing his own teammate to travel. Wouldn't that have been a sickening way to end the game. Very solid game for Moss, by the way.

i still struggle with why moss doesn't play at the end of games.

Nope. I Just find it lame, because he said he would honor his debt but you troll around HN always bringing it up. Why not wait and see instead of acting all douchy about it.
I’m being just fine about it. You’re the one running around calling another adult names

I don't think the smaller rotation is affecting this season at all. It seems like every game everyone plays terrible except 2 players. Seems to me more options would be better in that situation. The difference thos year is Wieskamp, a little bit of Connor, and clutch play down the stretch. Defense has helped too but it's still bad.

I am with you. I think the smaller rotation thing is overplayed. Everything you just stated is a 1000% accurate. The only thing I would add is last year Iowa allowed their opponents to shoot 37.6% from 3. This year that number is around 32%, which is huge. You go from 307th in the country to like 46th.

I am with you. I think the smaller rotation thing is overplayed. Everything you just stated is a 1000% accurate. The only thing I would add is last year Iowa allowed their opponents to shoot 37.6% from 3. This year that number is around 32%, which is huge. You go from 307th in the country to like 46th.
We held them to 35% from three last night. Which was huge. It helped negate their offensive rebounding. We ended up battling them to a near dead even draw on the boards, even though it seemed like they were getting every offensive rebound.

For a while, it seemed like they were making every three point shot as well. But they weren't. Our zones eventually got to them. And we had a small lead from the 9-0 run to go up 54-49 (?) to Baker's late triple, which was actually well guarded by Cook.

Kriener needs to get his confidence back and come back off the milk carton. We could have used another rebounder last night. And I'm still concerned that Cook is playing too many minutes. Especially for a guy who has battled knee problems.

Latest posts