Devyn Marble

Fran's almost a lock to make the dance this year with things looking bright for next year with or without cook.

Last year was still a massive disappointment and a collasal failure, but it's time to move on.

Fran's almost a lock to make the dance this year with things looking bright for next year with or without cook.

Last year was still a massive disappointment and a collasal failure, but it's time to move on.
The thing that worries me is the possibility of a 12 man rotation next year. IMO, a large part of this year's success is due to the shortened rotation

The thing that worries me is the possibility of a 12 man rotation next year. IMO, a large part of this year's success is due to the shortened rotation
Hopefully he's learned his lesson about too many guys in his rotation.

Like it Devyn. Have to agree with him. Sure it's frustrating we are inconsistent, BUT Fran, and his teams, fight hard most of the time. Here's hoping this win turned a corner for us. We ARE young, and as great as TC is, IF he comes back next year, this team is LOADED, almost too loaded, especially with Frederick and Nunge red-shirting.

Like it Devyn. Have to agree with him. Sure it's frustrating we are inconsistent, BUT Fran, and his teams, fight hard most of the time. Here's hoping this win turned a corner for us. We ARE young, and as great as TC is, IF he comes back next year, this team is LOADED, almost too loaded, especially with Frederick and Nunge red-shirting.

I’m not sure how great Tyler Cook is I’m beginning to wonder..

Glad Marble played for us (following his father), but here again we have a player (former) getting hot around the collar on twitter. Love the win, love that we are in a very good position for the NCAAs, but can you blame the fans for being on guard? We have seen Lucy pull away the football way to much for us to blindly follow Fran...even after a big win against Michigan.

Glad Marble played for us (following his father), but here again we have a player (former) getting hot around the collar on twitter. Love the win, love that we are in a very good position for the NCAAs, but can you blame the fans for being on guard? We have seen Lucy pull away the football way to much for us to blindly follow Fran...even after a big win against Michigan.
We all want to believe in Fran. We want him to make a long run into the NCAA. We want him to land a big time PG.

Everyone is on pins and needles hoping for a new level.

There is some hope:

New interest in a defensive plan that fits the players.

Coaching defense.

More stable patterns of substitution, playing the hot players.

Garza and Kriener becoming more of an "answer" underneath given Cook's inability to do much more than drive to the hoop with some amazing dunks but with too many unacceptable implosions. Keeping Cook "happy" while taking some offensive opportunities away from him will spell more success for Iowa.

One would be hard pressed to find the evidence that Fran hasn't been given enough opportunities to demonstrate that he is a top shelf coach.

There will be less doubt and naysayers if he can coach up to his potential.

This could be the year for a run!

Concur, an athlete seldom seen at Iowa.

Have his basketball fundamentals improved during his 3 years of Iowa coaching?

If not, why? Solutions?
I think his fundamentals have improved but it is more a lack of consistency and not always playing with tenacity (needs to watch him some Joe W and Baer film) and sometimes a lack of basketball smarts. PLUS the guy just can't make a jump shot to save his life despite his form looking great. I don't see how any of that is a coaching issue. Getting better though and one more year he might put it all together, but alas don't see it happening in a Hawk uniform.