Stanley is a total choke artist.

Yeah he clearly for whatever reasons wasn't mentally in this game. Just bad decision after bad decision. Not to mention just being way off on a bunch of throws that were there. He was consistently making head scratching plays out there that was about the only thing he was consistent at today

How is he even a B1G level QB. Missing multiple guys wide open in just this game but it’s been a problem always. He’s been throwing behind guys his entire career. I’m beginning to think he has the physical attributes but the game is just way too fast for him at this level.

Nate Stanley didn't play great. Or even good. But I don't think a thread calling him out is appropriate.

This should be deleted.

I was just going to post the same thing. There are some definite issues with Stanley moving forward. That being said, I am not cool with a thread that turns into a bashing session.

Legit criticism is fair, but some will take it too far.

Well I get the impression that the culture of the program has moved toward the best players will play, and if the starters don't play well, someone else will get a shot. THis is especially true on Defense.

Think about it - one fears putting an inexperienced player in because the could may a bad play that gets you beat. Well an experienced player is making this happen now

I expect we'll see a minor rotation - I think Manzel will get in and when Stanley gets the yips, they'll sit him down to chill the fk out. Well i hope so anyway.

Last edited:
How is he even a B1G level QB. Missing multiple guys wide open in just this game but it’s been a problem always. He’s been throwing behind guys his entire career. I’m beginning to think he has the physical attributes but the game is just way too fast for him at this level.
and it makes you wonder if he is a little slow in the head? Maybe the game is too fast for his brain to keep up?

I expect we'll see a minor rotation - I think Manzel will get in and when Stanley gets the yips, they'll sit him down to chill the fk out. Well i hope so anyway.

Hope you’re right. But not holding my breath. It’s still Captain Kirk we’re talking about. He had a chance to sit his badly struggling QB yesterday and didn’t.

I doubt we see a change at that position the rest of the way.

Interesting. One of the guys doing the 49ers-Cardinals game just called out CJ for holding the ball too long and not immediately trusting open guys he’s seeing in front of him. Sound familiar?

Midway through the second quarter he’s been sacked three times for a loss of 22 yards, more than he has gained in passing.

Interesting. One of the guys doing the 49ers-Cardinals game just called out CJ for holding the ball too long and not immediately trusting open guys he’s seeing in front of him. Sound familiar?

Midway through the second quarter he’s been sacked three times for a loss of 22 yards, more than he has gained in passing.
CJ will never be a good NFL qb. He has benefited from a league where Nate Peterman gets starts and a coach that took him 3 rounds before he needed to. He was a master at holding the ball too long. Hell I wish Nate would just take the sack sometimes instead of closing his eyes and throwing it to the other team. I wouldn’t say he holds it too long.

You have to have the physical attributes.
You have to be able to play with those physical attributes.
You have to have mental attributes for the game.

NS has #1, inconsistent #2 and definitely hasn't developed #3.

CJ will never be a good NFL qb. He has benefited from a league where Nate Peterman gets starts and a coach that took him 3 rounds before he needed to. He was a master at holding the ball too long. Hell I wish Nate would just take the sack sometimes instead of closing his eyes and throwing it to the other team. I wouldn’t say he holds it too long.
Nate gets nervous and throws the ball ealier than he needs to frequently.

Stanley will play well against the Indiana's and Minnesota's of the world. Even then, most of his completions are behind, low, or high where the receiver has to make adjustments to catch the ball. He will not beat anybody with a pulse. The OSU game was a fluke last year. He has zero pocket presence, absolutely panics even when there is no pressure, accuracy is awful, cannot move around and buy time consistently, he just doesn't have it. Wow, he has a strong arm. He is the equivalent of a pitcher that has a 99 mph fast ball, but has absolutely no idea where its going when he throws it.