Noah Fant

Chris is his brother. I guess this thread can be bumped if Noah leaves for the NFL after this season.

Last edited:
I’d say the attention Fant gets factors into that. I’d hate too see how boxed up our offense would be if Fant wasn’t running up the seam.

Agreed. Fant gets a lot of attention now from defense. They definitely are aware of him running down the middle of the field. I too have been perplexed about the number of snaps Fant gets in the TE rotation. The coaches obviously consider Hockenson the best in-line TE they have. I suppose they rest Fant some due to the number of routes he is running where he runs a long way down the field. Iowa has a very nice situation at TE. Both guys got TD's yesterday. I'm betting Fant has a huge game either against Indiana or Maryland.

Yeah...we could never get the ball to Shonn Greene, Akrum Wadley, etc. We've overused them too.

I like the way Brian Ferentz is working his talent right now. He's looking for Fant in the red zone...that's for damn sure. There is a part of me that thinks Brian feels he has to get his WRs going. If he does, it helps because defenses won't be able to double Fant like they do on damn near every big passing down. It's why Hockenson gets so many targets...because Fant always has a LB and Safety following him around.

If somehow both safeties have to worry about WRs getting behind them...or their corner getting beat...well Fant will get more targets.

Yeah...we could never get the ball to Shonn Greene, Akrum Wadley, etc. We've overused them too.

I like the way Brian Ferentz is working his talent right now. He's looking for Fant in the red zone...that's for damn sure. There is a part of me that thinks Brian feels he has to get his WRs going. If he does, it helps because defenses won't be able to double Fant like they do on damn near every big passing down. It's why Hockenson gets so many targets...because Fant always has a LB and Safety following him around.

If somehow both safeties have to worry about WRs getting behind them...or their corner getting beat...well Fant will get more targets.
How many years did Shonn Greene start at Iowa, again? 2...3? I can't recall.

Yes Fant in an offense with 3 really good WRs would be eating defenses up and he would make it better for the WRs and a nightmare for safeties

How many years did Shonn Greene start at Iowa, again? 2...3? I can't recall.

Why is that pertinent to how we used him? I'll admit i remember them trying not to overuse him early that year, because he hadn't played...but after they rested him in the first half at Illinois they realized they had to ride the horse and hope he didn't break down.

Latest posts