Hawkeye huddle in Minnesota

clim3

going to the game in Minny with a bunch of buddies. Anyone have info on a huddle or any other hawkeye activities or hot spots? Go hawks

Going as well. Staying in Owatonna the night before/after the game.

I typically park in the Minneapolis State Fairgrounds and ride the shuttle over to the stadium.

But....is there a shuttle between the festivities and the game? Or will Uber be the smart play?

Going as well. Staying in Owatonna the night before/after the game.

I typically park in the Minneapolis State Fairgrounds and ride the shuttle over to the stadium.

Me, too. Love the shuttle. Long line after the game, but still the best bet.

But....is there a shuttle between the festivities and the game? Or will Uber be the smart play?

The Hawkeye Huddle is "on campus" just a few blocks from the stadium. Dinkytown (campus town) has a few bars nearby.

You could also pregame at any bar in downtown MPLS and you'd be close to the lite rail line which drops you off right outside the stadium. "The Loop" in the warehouse district is the Hawkeye bar downtown. Lots of other great places in the surrounding Warehouse District.

If you park and tailgate at the Fairgrounds there's a shuttle also...as mentioned above. But there's absolutely nothing there bar wise. It's strictly a big parking lot and tailgate location.

The best method to get to the stadium is Uber/Lyft or the light rail IMO.

The "green line" train drops you off right outside the stadium (stadium village station). The blue line and green line connect downtown minneapolis. So you could park at the mall of america and take the light rail downtown to the US bank stadium and then jump on the green line train to TCF bank stadium...just as an example.

I would NOT park in Dinkytown around the stadium. I've had miserable experiences getting in and out of there over the years.

If you were looking for pregame fun, I'd recommend the Surly Brewery. Thats probably where I'll be on Saturday before I meet up with my tailgate friends. Its a huge place that serves beer and food. It will be busy before the game, but it is less than a mile walk to the stadium and Surly beer is pretty awesome.

A bar called "The Loop" off Washington Ave in Minneapolis is a Hawkeye bar. It gets packed for Iowa games and has pretty good food. So if you wanted a spot to hang out with Iowa fans before, during or after the game you'll find a bunch there.

Minneapolis is blowing up with cool areas to eat/drink. Northeast, warehouse district, uptown, west end....can't really go wrong

edit: I just noticed @hawkdrummer1 covered most of this already, so kudos to him :)

Mop is right, don't park on campus. Uber/Lyft or lite rail will get you there easily. Dinkytown ain't much. (I'll take Iowa City), downtown MSP offers many more options. The Warehouse district could keep you busy all day/night with brew pubs, food, etc. That's where I would hang out (rather WILL hangout...I have 3 college buds coming in for the weekend. Look for 4 guys in their 50s who've had plenty to drink).

If somebody suggests Uptown, don't waste your time. Very trendy, millennial and over crowded in a small area.

Mop is right, don't park on campus. Uber/Lyft or lite rail will get you there easily. Dinkytown ain't much. (I'll take Iowa City), downtown MSP offers many more options. The Warehouse district could keep you busy all day/night with brew pubs, food, etc. That's where I would hang out (rather WILL hangout...I have 3 college buds coming in for the weekend. Look for 4 guys in their 50s who've had plenty to drink).

If somebody suggests Uptown, don't waste your time. Very trendy, millennial and over crowded in a small area.

Also, after the game you may want to pub hop in Northeast Minneapolis "Nordeast". Lots of little bars and brew pubs that feel like local "joints", it's on the East side of the river from downtown (basically NE across the river from the Warehouse district...just a bit more spread out).

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nor...aab6ffa3c77a22!2m2!1d-93.2735326!2d44.9870345

Surly is a huge brewhouse with great food... not far from the stadium. It's big...but also gets really busy. Cool place. https://surlybrewing.com/destination-brewery/

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sur...4571515b260fe7!2m2!1d-93.2249668!2d44.9761659

Minneapolis is loaded with great pizza. Black Sheep (warehouse district), Young Joni (Nordeast), Red Wagon, Pizza Nea, PIzzeria Lola, Pizza Luce (several locations), PIg Ate my PIzza (really eclectic) and Surly

Last edited:
Living in MN, heres my take on MPLS.....get the hell in for the game, get the hell out after, hopefully winners. MPLS is a shathole.

Living in MN, heres my take on MPLS.....get the hell in for the game, get the hell out after, hopefully winners. MPLS is a shathole.

source.gif