Some basketball talk?

InGoodCo

I think practice starts today? Or at least it does for most of CBB.

Here's a link to a pic that TC tweeted of the team last week

As you'll note, no one is playing any defense in this photo -- (in before anyone else)

Not much fat on any of those guys.. Dailey has been watching his diet holy crap dude is lean. JBo getting adding any strength at all will help him out.

I don’t know who are strength coach is, but have you ever seen Wisconsin’s photos like these? Looks like a JV vs Varsity matchup.
(Insert Gutless Gary joke here)

I’m not sure if I’m joking or not with this post.

I don’t know who are strength coach is, but have you ever seen Wisconsin’s photos like these? Looks like a JV vs Varsity matchup.

Too bulky. Gonna slow them down too much.

well, you gotta have some context with this - one is a posed picture in the weight room with them all flexing, dudes standing on top of benches and taken with a pro camera in good light- Iowa's looks like it was after they just all went for a long run, in poor light taken on an Iphone.

That said - WI has a lot of big dudes on the roster right now.

I haven’t been less excited for an Iowa basketball season since the Lackluster era. I just don’t see us improving from last year.

Whoa that looks like the football team. I see alot of stacked muscle there. Not sure that is exactly the traditional mold for basketball players. I guess Wisconsin wants their basketball team to maul people like their football team does.

Trice (front left) looks absolutely shredded.

Thomas and Kobe King (front right, or is that Iverson?) are not far behind.

that's pretty sweat - but I don't know how premium the seats are up there haha. Well, I guess you can look at it this way - you don't have to run those stairs for every piss break.

I haven’t been less excited for an Iowa basketball season since the Lackluster era. I just don’t see us improving from last year.

You can't see Iowa improving on a 4-14 B1G season from last year? I get being pessimistic but I'll bet you any amount they have a better record ... ie improvement.

Trice (front left) looks absolutely shredded.

Thomas and Kobe King (front right, or is that Iverson?) are not far behind.
Front left (kneeling) is Kobe King who was supposed to be their best freshman last year before injury. In the middle row second from the left is Iverson who is shredded. Both Davison and Trice in the middle row near the right don’t look like they’d have any problem pushing JBo around.

Front left (kneeling) is Kobe King who was supposed to be their best freshman last year before injury. In the middle row second from the left is Iverson who is shredded. Both Davison and Trice in the middle row near the right don’t look like they’d have any problem pushing JBo around.

They do look like they could push Jordan around and I get that they're big and that's exciting and all and we hate Iowa because they're our team and Wisconsin is flexing in the weight room and we're small and all of that. But Iowa's been fairly bad at basketball since Jordan's got here and I think they are 2-0 vs Wisci and Jordan averages 12 pts, 8 assists to 2 turnovers in those games. So, I am not saying your wrong, they can probably push Jordan around, but count me as one not gushing over it.

Last edited: