Losing Snyder HUGE Blow: Who Is At Fault

Let me see if I have this correct. Guys like "fryguy" wholeheartedly support Ferentz when he went with "loyalty" over talent, playing guys like Bo Bower every down for 3 years at LB despite having other options at the position.

When CJ Beathard completed 7-23, for 50 yards, with 3 ints in the Gator Bowl, playing on 1 leg...you supported Ferentz's decision to let him play the whole game because he "payed his dues" and "earned it."

There are dozens of examples over the years where this board championed "loyalty" by giving seniors the benefit of the doubt in playing time decisions.

Now you've got a guy like Brandon Snyder in a season where you've already lost two starting DBs off the defense who were supposed to contribute. (Jackson went pro as a jr). He was good enough to see the field as a freshmen walk-on during our Rose Bowl year. He was good enough to start all year during his sophomore year (including a 13 tackle game and a 12 tackle game). He gets gets hurt as a junior, and when he rehabs like crazy to come back his senior year...Kirk puts him out to pasture? Tells him that he's yesterday's news?

While it's possible that there's more to the story, and maybe Snyder did something stupid...but could it be worse than the DUI that his teammate got this weekend? That merited a 1 game suspension, not a transfer.

It's interesting...Baker Mayfield went through the same sort of thing and yesterday had some choice words for Cliff Kingsbury, who rode Mayfield to 5 straight wins and loved the guy...then suddenly he got hurt, and Kingsbury completely turned his back on him. Mayfield went on to transfer out of spite, and won the Heisman Trophy. There is something to be said for loyalty to the kids that give their all.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/30/baker-mayfield-kliff-kingsbury-texas-a-and-m-oklahoma/
So you're honestly going to sit here and tell us that you think you're a better judge of DB talent than Phil Parker?? Lol...

The whole point is moot anyway because he fucked up outside the football program and his own teammates disowned him.

LOL, man. Why is it sooooooooo important that you know what happened? I mean this was all out there a couple days ago on Rivals and I wasn't acting all like a baby like you are because I hadn't heard anything yet on what Brandon actually did.
Haha...

Probably the same reason you like to come here and drop your half stories from Rivals. :)

Let me see if I have this correct. Guys like "fryguy" wholeheartedly support Ferentz when he went with "loyalty" over talent, playing guys like Bo Bower every down for 3 years at LB despite having other options at the position.

When CJ Beathard completed 7-23, for 50 yards, with 3 ints in the Gator Bowl, playing on 1 leg...you supported Ferentz's decision to let him play the whole game because he "payed his dues" and "earned it."

There are dozens of examples over the years where this board championed "loyalty" by giving seniors the benefit of the doubt in playing time decisions.

Now you've got a guy like Brandon Snyder in a season where you've already lost two starting DBs off the defense who were supposed to contribute. (Jackson went pro as a jr). He was good enough to see the field as a freshmen walk-on during our Rose Bowl year. He was good enough to start all year during his sophomore year (including a 13 tackle game and a 12 tackle game). He gets gets hurt as a junior, and when he rehabs like crazy to come back his senior year...Kirk puts him out to pasture? Tells him that he's yesterday's news?

While it's possible that there's more to the story, and maybe Snyder did something stupid...but could it be worse than the DUI that his teammate got this weekend? That merited a 1 game suspension, not a transfer.

It's interesting...Baker Mayfield went through the same sort of thing and yesterday had some choice words for Cliff Kingsbury, who rode Mayfield to 5 straight wins and loved the guy...then suddenly he got hurt, and Kingsbury completely turned his back on him. Mayfield went on to transfer out of spite, and won the Heisman Trophy. There is something to be said for loyalty to the kids that give their all.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/30/baker-mayfield-kliff-kingsbury-texas-a-and-m-oklahoma/

Saved for prosperity.

Haha...

Probably the same reason you like to come here and drop your half stories from Rivals. :)

I dropped the whole story, I got that all from Rivals, never claimed any different. The only think I didn't add is the stuff I heard. I can't confirm if it is true, no way I would say what I heard, it is just hearsay.

Gets deck of excuses and pulls "mental health card". Great pull because if anyone says you are using that as a cop out, they are insensitive and just ignorant!

The "pull the [fill in the blank] card" idea is pretty tired and weak. I am not excusing anything, I have nothing to gain from doing so. I have seen mental health be a FACTOR (not the SOLE driver) in decision-making, others probably have as well. If you think it is unlikely that mental health affects decision-making, or played a role in this instance, make an argument for your case.

By dismissing something you don't agree with as being a contrived idea of some segment of the population, you are just pulling the pulling-the-card card: failing to use common sense or reason and just falling back on a contrived idea of a segment of the population (in this case, the segment you are more comfortable with).

And @Fryowa , I know you are not on-board with my eternal love for Beth Mowins (and the sexism cards I played back in the day); that was a road I never should have traveled, and Beth and I can live with failing to influence your opinion. But you don't think the guy who admits to breaking down in tears as he dealt with these rehabs could have been dealing with some issues? And those issues could have led to other issues?

I certainly don't know enough specifics to know if that is the case or not, and I am not a psychologist, and my personal hygiene sometimes leaves something to be desired...I kind of got off track there. I am just saying it seems kind of weird for someone everyone seemed to think highly of for a long-time (maybe I am off on that perception) to start behaving like this.

Clowning around again? Collateral damage to the rest of us.
gallery-1456328120-ricki-lake-fight.gif

It ain't my fault that @Fryowa is such a baby. I mean nobody else is all pissed off at me for summarizing the story for them.

This is BS and frustrating, if someone knows why he is kicked off, say it. And CP87; Beth Mowins is the worst announcer alive and should be banned forever. And why I am at it, Snyder was just an OK back, he got burned more times than he made a play. He is the Beau Bower of the defensive backfield....anyone left that I didn't offend?

Just talked to a co-worker from Larchwood who knows the family (I live and work about 20 minutes from there).

According to him Snyder was told no more drinking, agreed to it, and got boozed up at a party recently. Doyle caught wind of it and asked the leadership group what they thought should happen. He was voted to be kicked off the team outright, not just off the leadership group. This is strictly what I heard from a co-worker. I have no proof whatsoever so it's worth what you paid for it. The person who told me I've known since high school because I played his kids in baseball; I trust him but you don't have to.

If true, the U will probably look a lot worse by not disclosing it because it's going to come out pretty soon anyway.

Do I have it right, @deanvogs ?

Just talked to a co-worker from Larchwood who knows the family (I live and work about 20 minutes from there).

According to him Snyder was told no more drinking, agreed to it, and got boozed up at a party recently. Doyle caught wind of it and asked the leadership group what they thought should happen. He was voted to be kicked off the team outright, not just off the leadership group. This is strictly what I heard from a co-worker. I have no proof whatsoever so it's worth what you paid for it. The person who told me I've known since high school because I played his kids in baseball; I trust him but you don't have to.

If true, the U will probably look a lot worse by not disclosing it because it's going to come out pretty soon anyway.

LOL, this is why you don't post rumors you dolt. This isn't eve close to what I heard. Who cares what version is true, the point is rumor are rumors, seems like you don't understand this and just post the first dumb thing you hear.

LOL, this is why you don't post rumors you dolt. This isn't eve close to what I heard. Who cares what version is true, the point is rumor are rumors, seems like you don't understand this and just post the first dumb thing you hear.
Don't shoot the messenger, I never said it was true. If you want to dispell it feel free, sugarlips. Maybe you shouldn't go around stirring people up.

This is BS and frustrating, if someone knows why he is kicked off, say it. And CP87; Beth Mowins is the worst announcer alive and should be banned forever. And why I am at it, Snyder was just an OK back, he got burned more times than he made a play. He is the Beau Bower of the defensive backfield....anyone left that I didn't offend?

Slowing rocking back and forth, stroking the hair of my Beth Mowins poster: "the mean man doesn't mean it, the mean man doesn't mean it..."

Some scattershot responses to some of your ideas:

Bo Bower is on a 90-man NFL roster right now, so he must not have been awful. I doubt he survives too many waves of cut-downs. A while back someone went through the effort of tallying "impact plays" (TFL, PBU, int) for Bower, and for recent Will LBs. He did not compare favorably to someone like Hitchens. But then again, Hitchens is NFL-starter quality. Bower was solid and did his job more often than not.

I don't think we really know how good Snyder could have been. He seemed to be coming on at the end of 2016. Maybe some of the issues others have raised (missed tackles, bad angles) would have improved with experience. Maybe not, and maybe someone else would have eventually supplanted him anyway.

Slowing rocking back and forth, stroking the hair of my Beth Mowins poster: "the mean man doesn't mean it, the mean man doesn't mean it..."

Some scattershot responses to some of your ideas:

Bo Bower is on a 90-man NFL roster right now, so he must not have been awful. I doubt he survives too many waves of cut-downs. A while back someone went through the effort of tallying "impact plays" (TFL, PBU, int) for Bower, and for recent Will LBs. He did not compare favorably to someone like Hitchens. But then again, Hitchens is NFL-starter quality. Bower was solid and did his job more often than not.

I don't think we really know how good Snyder could have been. He seemed to be coming on at the end of 2016. Maybe some of the issues others have raised (missed tackles, bad angles) would have improved with experience. Maybe not, and maybe someone else would have eventually supplanted him anyway.
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. His situation was a huge distraction and whether he was good or not, he needed to be out of the picture. Hawks will be fine.

Latest posts