The REAL shame of 2017

MursenarySkum

After 20 years of the same ol rollercoaster, I've come to expect this stuff, (getting hopes up by playing competently against superior competition, then crapping the bed against the turds of college football) so i want to talk about the thing we all should really be upset about.

The real travesty of this season is that we had been given a once in a lifetime opportunity, only to have it wasted. We had a celebrity name for the ages. ButWad had so much potential. Preseason, I was giddy thinking about how great Beth Mowins would sound exclaiming, "ButWad has really taken this game over" or "ButLick sure knows how to make a defense pay!". Dared I dream we would have the first dual Heisman awarded to the great ButWad? I guess it just wasn't meant to be and THAT is the real reason everyone is upset this year ;)

After 20 years of the same ol rollercoaster, I've come to expect this stuff, (getting hopes up by playing competently against superior competition, then crapping the bed against the turds of college football) so i want to talk about the thing we all should really be upset about.

The real travesty of this season is that we had been given a once in a lifetime opportunity, only to have it wasted. We had a celebrity name for the ages. ButWad had so much potential. Preseason, I was giddy thinking about how great Beth Mowins would sound exclaiming, "ButWad has really taken this game over" or "ButLick sure knows how to make a defense pay!". Dared I dream we would have the first dual Heisman awarded to the great ButWad? I guess it just wasn't meant to be and THAT is the real reason everyone is upset this year ;)

Iowa/Northwestern game in retrospect

1) Evanston is a really expensive location to get a hotel room...not ridiculous Iowa City 500 bones a night
ridiculous expensive but expensive nonetheless.

2) Late evening grub at Tommy Nevins...try the Bleu Pig Mac and Cheese...phenomenal!!!

3) Pretty cool downtown(ish) area

4) World Of Beer Bar - meh

5) Most of the stadium was black and gold - conservative estimate would be 20,000 Iowa fans from
where I was sitting - phenomenal to see

6) Bat 17 has a great selection of burgers and they are all great (I think I had 4). Sliders come in a platter
of 4 and are huge! Phenomenal cole slaw and spicy potato salad and great beer selection.

7) The El is great for getting around to the loop

...as for the football game......................

GO HAWKS...BEAT MINNESOTA

Wasting 3 Senior linebackers, one that might be a 1st team All-American. We all know what the linebackers are responsible for in Iowa's system. A dynamic playmaker on offense, a game changer, will walk on a 7-5/6-6 season. A guy that put in the right situation, didn't need perfect execution for success.

Latest posts