WATN: Eno Benjamin

Okay, I was just casually perusing the Seattle Seahawks roster before cut day, and there is another guy on their Defensive Line unit named Christian French. Is this THE CHRISTIAN FRENCH? The kid from Cedar Rapids who went to Oregon to play in their super speed spread option offense?

Bingo... Bashing the kid here seems out of bounds. The coaches knew better and even tried to cover their tracks when the web started to get untangled... There's probably more to the coaches side of things we don't know too but the kid is a kid... I'm not going to follow his career and hope for bad games.. At the end of the day it was KFs call on having him come or not. It wasn't that he flipped first...
No, its America. Ricky Stanzi said so. Bash is written into the Constitution. I wouldnt make any personal jabs at a kid. But, being "ok" with bashing a kid who helped to put the program in a bad light, makes me not want to root for him.

No, its America. Ricky Stanzi said so. Bash is written into the Constitution. I wouldnt make any personal jabs at a kid. But, being "ok" with bashing a kid who helped to put the program in a bad light, makes me not want to root for him.
I think that kid was taking cues from the two coaches that were recruiting him... I think you may be misplacing your anger. I'm way more down on those two coaches then I am the kid. Eno still wanted to be a Hawk and make things right. It was KF at the end of the day who wanted to just clean slate the whole deal. Is the kid a diva? Probably most (not all) 4 star highly recruited RBs probably are. I just think that if it weren't for White and Kennedys doings he'd have been a Hawk at the end of the day and it'd have all been fine..

Okay, I was just casually perusing the Seattle Seahawks roster before cut day, and there is another guy on their Defensive Line unit named Christian French. Is this THE CHRISTIAN FRENCH? The kid from Cedar Rapids who went to Oregon to play in their super speed spread option offense?

Yep. Bad luck to spurn the Hawks. He got cut, along with Rodney Coe and Cyrus Kouandijo, plus, Seantrel Henderson has 5 more games to sit for failing a drug test last year.

I think that kid was taking cues from the two coaches that were recruiting him... I think you may be misplacing your anger. I'm way more down on those two coaches then I am the kid. Eno still wanted to be a Hawk and make things right. It was KF at the end of the day who wanted to just clean slate the whole deal. Is the kid a diva? Probably most (not all) 4 star highly recruited RBs probably are. I just think that if it weren't for White and Kennedys doings he'd have been a Hawk at the end of the day and it'd have all been fine..
No anger at the kid. None. Just not gonna root for him. He is capable of making his own decision. Simple rule, you commit, you're done looking. Coaches dont matter. Its a rule. He wanted to bend it. Enjoy Arizona State.

You know what else is great? Eno has three years left! We can follow him for at least two more seasons at ASU, then follow him in the NFL!

No anger at the kid. None. Just not gonna root for him. He is capable of making his own decision. Simple rule, you commit, you're done looking. Coaches dont matter. Its a rule. He wanted to bend it. Enjoy Arizona State.
You wrote that coaches don't matter then the next sentence you write that it's a rule... Well who's rule is it exactly? The kid thought he had the coaches blessing. Far be it for a kid to trust what the coaches he's committed to tell him. Those two were who he was communicating with who then lied back to KF about what was being said to him and what he was doing. Those two idiots thought he could go on visits and social media would ignore it... That's where the communication breakdown was. If KF himself would have been communicating with Eno to not go on visits then the Eno made his own bed. But that's not how it went down. KF delegated his recruitment to a couple of assistants that he shouldn't have and I'm glad those two are gone. Eno I have no bad feelings towards and as long as we aren't playing him he can go off for 200 yards every game.

You wrote that coaches don't matter then the next sentence you write that it's a rule... Well who's rule is it exactly? The kid thought he had the coaches blessing. Far be it for a kid to trust what the coaches he's committed to tell him. Those two were who he was communicating with who then lied back to KF about what was being said to him and what he was doing. Those two idiots thought he could go on visits and social media would ignore it... That's where the communication breakdown was. If KF himself would have been communicating with Eno to not go on visits then the Eno made his own bed. But that's not how it went down. KF delegated his recruitment to a couple of assistants that he shouldn't have and I'm glad those two are gone. Eno I have no bad feelings towards and as long as we aren't playing him he can go off for 200 yards every game.
Lets be real honest. You are taking the word of this KID? No. No. No. It was pretty well communicated. Ask KF when something like that happens. He would LOVE to hear from a recruit who isnt sure if he can visit another school or not. Bottom line, why do you need to visit another school? We offered you, you accepted, you dont keep looking. If you do, go keep looking, but youre not one of us.And im not ragging on the kid anyway. He didnt want to be here. Glad he is not. NOT WISHING him all good things. I dont care what he does now. Glad he's not a hawk!

Lets be real honest. You are taking the word of this KID? No. No. No. It was pretty well communicated. Ask KF when something like that happens. He would LOVE to hear from a recruit who isnt sure if he can visit another school or not. Bottom line, why do you need to visit another school? We offered you, you accepted, you dont keep looking. If you do, go keep looking, but youre not one of us.And im not ragging on the kid anyway. He didnt want to be here. Glad he is not. NOT WISHING him all good things. I dont care what he does now. Glad he's not a hawk!
Look your just wrong... I'm not taking just the word of the kid but of what had been REPORTED as to what happened from the coaches side of things as well. You seem to have it backwards as to what happened. Eno did want to be a Hawk. KF is who yanked his offer after all the drama which if his assistant coaches hadn't lied/mislead Eno and KF as to what they told Eno he could do and was doing there may not have been any drama. If the assistant coaches that are recruiting you are telling you it's ok to go on visits are you going to second guess them?? He was a 17 yr old kid wanting to go on visits like every other 4 star RB that had a 20 plus offers does. Iowa's let kids do that in the past and it be no big deal when they've asked KF prior to doing it. But for whatever reason KF decided to not let him keep his offer even after the dust settled.

He was a 17 yr old kid wanting to go on visits like every other 4 star RB that had a 20 plus offers does. Iowa's let kids do that in the past and it be no big deal when they've asked KF prior to doing it. But for whatever reason KF decided to not let him keep his offer even after the dust settled.

This is why I have always felt there is more to this story that we just don't know. KF has dealt with many such situations, and isn't just a hit the highway guy. He gives kids second chances all the time. Plus he put the bulk of the blame on the coaches because he fired their asses.

Logic then makes me think there is something that made him want to wash his hand of Eno as well. Ferentz isn't going to blame the kid if it is all the assistant coaches fault. He has shown in the past other recruits can take visits (probably when they are open with him about it). He has also shown that extenuating circumstance are always considered (Welsh quit the team, but he was fighting something greater) and was welcomed back when Welsh was ready.

I don't get how you can look at all this, look at KF 18 year history here and just think that Eno wasn't somehow also making some mistakes himself, or at least was doing things that KF felt were red flags enough to pull his offer.

This is why I have always felt there is more to this story that we just don't know. KF has dealt with many such situations, and isn't just a hit the highway guy. He gives kids second chances all the time. Plus he put the bulk of the blame on the coaches because he fired their asses.

Logic then makes me think there is something that made him want to wash his hand of Eno as well. Ferentz isn't going to blame the kid if it is all the assistant coaches fault. He has shown in the past other recruits can take visits (probably when they are open with him about it). He has also shown that extenuating circumstance are always considered (Welsh quit the team, but he was fighting something greater) and was welcomed back when Welsh was ready.

I don't get how you can look at all this, look at KF 18 year history here and just think that Eno wasn't somehow also making some mistakes himself, or at least was doing things that KF felt were red flags enough to pull his offer.
Didn't Kirk cut his scholly offer before Eno came out with his letter?

I believe so. I think they cut the offer after his Arizona St. visit.

What does it matter when Eno wrote the letter with his version of events?
Because, Kirk didn't know what the coaches were telling Eno. Once Kirk found out about Chris White & Bobby Kennedy being douchebags telling Eno to take the visit and not tell Kirk, Kirk told them to pack their bags. If Kirk knew this prior, there's a good chance Eno's scholly wouldn't have been pulled. Make sense? ;)

There's quite possibly been some untruthfulness on Enos side too from whenever he was first asked about it all. We'll never know KFs side of that story as far as once they were on the phone together how that all went. Even if the kid lied initially to try and cover his tracks (I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 assistants asked him to if confronted by KF about the visits) I dunno... We just don't know everything here at all and probably never will. But I'm not burying the kid as being terrible and going to bash him and wish the worst like some seem to..

I just remembered the dramatic phone call with the other recruits from Texas who also de- committed. what a crazy time that was.

Because, Kirk didn't know what the coaches were telling Eno. Once Kirk found out about Chris White & Bobby Kennedy being douchebags telling Eno to take the visit and not tell Kirk, Kirk told them to pack their bags. If Kirk knew this prior, there's a good chance Eno's scholly wouldn't have been pulled. Make sense? ;)

I doubt very much that KF is going to fire his coaches based on a recruit they didn't get letter. KF isn't a dumb man, he can read between the lines. Plus Eno even said he and KF talked after his Missouri visit so KF had to figure some stuff out by conflicting coaches vs recruits accounts.

There just had to be something there that KF didn't like how it was handled from Eno's side. He deals with hundreds of kids/families a year in recruiting, it isn't like KF doesn't understand a kid being a kid, and a kid he decides to stop recruiting.

Either way it is over, can we take this out back and just shot it and bury it?