1st play from scrimmage: CALL IT!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the camp that says look to throw the ball to Wadley or check it down if not open. I would like to see play action with a wheel route to wadley on a lbkr and if that is not open you have Fant and another TE open or Vandy.

Hand the football to Walter Payton
giphy.gif

Play action pass. Seam route to a tight end. Encouraging for throwing to the middle of the field. Incomplete but I sign of good and interesting things to come.
Go Hawks!!

Spread formation, run all the DBs out deep and hit Fant on a crossing pattern over the middle for 25 yards.

Normally I would call Wadley run between right guard and tackle.

But, I'm going to get creative like the new staff will. Two tight end formation with Fant and Cook, Wadley and Butler in the backfield. Pass over the middle to Drew Cook. It's a new day dawning Hawk fans.

Tight formation with no wide receivers.
Run up the middle into a 9-man box.
2 yd gain.
Cue the band to play 'Thanks for the Memories'.
Never run that play again.

Wait...that was done before.

I see I wasnt the only one thinking flea flicker...

They should run at least one every game. Just think if the opposing D would have to scheme know at least one was going to be ran during the game against Iowa. maybe keep the corners a bit more honest instead of loading the box.

It's a relatively safe "trick" play and if doesn't work just ends up as an incomplete pass.

You think most years are bland in the play calling department. YOu haven't seen boring until you see Kirk with a brand new QB. The OV UN for Iowa games this year might be 30 Total points for each game.

Stanley says, in the huddle, "Akrum, I'll fake pitch it to you, you go down and out to the water cooler over there by that skinny dude in that ugly brown and yellow uniform, I'll pump fake it to you, then you go long; I'll hit you." Ready, break.

Latest posts