Beau Corrales decommits

At least they got to see a 4-7 team beat Utah at home and Oregon didn't score on 5 redzone trips in the game...

At least they got to see a 4-7 team beat Utah at home and Oregon didn't score on 5 redzone trips in the game...

What's a Ute?

They did put up 450 yards, though - a little more enticing to a wr than most of our offensive performances this year.

It even went back earlier than that. All his "life decision" and "sometimes you can't stay loyal" tweets that people were scared about and other people said they were being paranoid. It seemed like there was a good chance at the time that those tweets were about football and hindsight makes it an almost certainty.

The question is, could the coaches have done more to keep him interested. Or could they have done more to get him reinterested. Other than that, it is just a kid changing his mind and using all of this no visit policy crap as a scapegoat.

Yep, it is pretty easy to see, but I have wasted a ton of time trying to explain this to a couple different posters. Maybe I'm the oddball, but this has always been pretty cut and dried if you knew or cared to look into the timeline and how this all shook out.

What difference does it make if he decomits or not? He still has his offer, which you keep claiming Iowa pulls the offer if they visit other schools, which isn't true. If he was like Calloway and was taking visits for nearly 2 month before "officially" decommiting was that better?

I think you have a lot better chance holding on to a kid that stays committed and visits other schools than one who has to officially decommit to visit other places. Calloway was never going to end up here, the staff dropped the ball on that one. You seem to be the only one that thinks a no visit policy is a good one, doesn't that tell you something?

I think you have a lot better chance holding on to a kid that stays committed and visits other schools than one who has to officially decommit to visit other places. Calloway was never going to end up here, the staff dropped the ball on that one. You seem to be the only one that thinks a no visit policy is a good one, doesn't that tell you something?

You only say this because you refuse to ever listen. Iowa doesn't pull an offer over a visit and I don't advocate that either. Also only 1 time has the kid who does take a visit "offically decommit" to do so. Ross P, Delano Hill, Fant, Ott, Higdon, Eno and Calloway, none of them had to "decommit" to take a visit.

My point all along is the "policy" makes sense in that it makes clear what the expectations are, and also keeps the commits honest about where they stand and if they want to take visits. If the coaches can't keep them from taking said visit (when they inform them that they want to visit elsewhere) then the battle is lost (not every time, but the majority of the time). If they de commit or not, if they take other visits, the coaches have given their hardest and best sales pitch to keep them from doing so. That means if they still opt for visits, Iowa is not sitting very well any longer.

The data also agrees with my assessment. Ross, Delano, Calloway, Hidgon, Eno all left, wanted out. Ott didn't have the option to go to Nebraska so who knows what happens there if he did. The only recruit they kept was Fant basically. So history tells me Coralles is gone as well. Doesn't mean they can't hold onto him, just don't think there is a great shot to do so.

Utah...LOL. Have fun boys!
Doesn't Eno have an offer to Michigan? It'd seem crazy to me if he went to Utah or just about anywhere else other than Michigan if they still want him. That was who I figured would come and rip him away before all the drama even started much like Higdon. The only reason I can see him not going would be competition and early PT being harder to come by there.... Other than that why after having been committed to Iowa would you not go to Michigan instead of say a Utah of all places... Now ASU I can understand the girls there are off the hook. Not to mention the weather... ha

So if Iowa doesn't pull offers and doesn't follow their own policy then why have a policy. Why not simply remove that part from the language entirely. Why not just make it basic knowledge that an offer may be pulled or revoked if an individual appears to lose interest. There is no reason to have a "no visit" policy in place if its not going to be enforced, whether a stupid idea or not, IMO the fact it isn't enforced makes it that much dumber.

Doesn't Eno have an offer to Michigan? It'd seem crazy to me if he went to Utah or just about anywhere else other than Michigan if they still want him. That was who I figured would come and rip him away before all the drama even started much like Higdon. The only reason I can see him not going would be competition and early PT being harder to come by there.... Other than that why after having been committed to Iowa would you not go to Michigan instead of say a Utah of all places... Now ASU I can understand the girls there are off the hook. Not to mention the weather... ha

Eno probably doesn't have a commitable offer. If he commits to Utah (or anyone else for that matter) and Michigan comes calling on signing day, he will probably go there.

Eno probably doesn't have a commitable offer. If he commits to Utah (or anyone else for that matter) and Michigan comes calling on signing day, he will probably go there.
Yeah he must not. It only makes sense. I just thought I'd read or heard weeks ago that he did. So yeah I bet your right

SMH, this is getting out of control. I assume it's the same reason Beau decommitted last week?

If he does decommit, then yeah it is for the same reason.....Eno is up in both of their ears it seems. Took a visit to OU with Holmes, took a visit to Utah with Coralles. If they leave it is because of Eno and the Eno policy I'm guessing.

If he does decommit, then yeah it is for the same reason.....Eno is up in both of their ears it seems. Took a visit to OU with Holmes, took a visit to Utah with Coralles. If they leave it is because of Eno and the Eno policy I'm guessing.

This is because of an outdated policy and poor recruiting and a head coach that is too damn stubborn to admit it. Read what Holmes just said.