I'm sorry, but 9-17 for 80 and a pick...

That's not acceptable level of play in a P5.

Neither are the 6-7 drops the receivers had.

But...28-0. CJ has 2 games remaining, let's all hope he ends well.

He's not the same guy as last year, but with 2 games left in his Iowa career, I just want him to finish with strong games. He deserves to go out with a win or 2.

That 10 year self ban you gave yourself just didn't quite pan out.

Last edited:
I know there were extenuating circumstances, but two games in a row with less than 100 yards passing is...not good.

Yeah, but a 28-0 victory in 30 mph wind? I'll give a pass.
I would usually agree except for the fact that this has been his stat line against all caliber of teams. But only two games left it doesn't matter anymore. On to Stanley. He wont have the cupcake schedules that CJ had so hopefully he is better.

I know there were extenuating circumstances, but two games in a row with less than 100 yards passing is...not good.

Agreed, but I still don't think this is strictly a WR problem, and feel it is more of a scheme problem. I do like that we targeted the TE a couple times, attacked the middle of the field a couple times (even tho Smith dropped the one) and we ever rolled CJ out of the pocket once.

Remember the stories at the beginning of the season that had Beathard like Peyton Manning with calling plays on the field?

I would usually agree except for the fact that this has been his stat line against all caliber of teams. But only two games left it doesn't matter anymore. On to Stanley. He wont have the cupcake schedules that CJ had so hopefully he is better.

I agree, I'm past having high expectations for him, just beat Nebraska and show up in a bowl and then on to Stanley. I'm ready to turn the page

Agreed, but I still don't think this is strictly a WR problem, and feel it is more of a scheme problem. I do like that we targeted the TE a couple times, attacked the middle of the field a couple times (even tho Smith dropped the one) and we ever rolled CJ out of the pocket once.

Bootlegs and waggles, really do seem non-existent in this offense. Iowa is probably the only power 5 that can't get a defense to bite on play action.......sad part about is that the running game is good enough to do so.

I don't think you can call this year a cupcake schedule.

Look around the league today There were a lot of 100 yd passers. I think I saw Barrett only threw for 107. Not ideal but scratch where it itches

Yeah, playing 3 top 10 teams with a another top 20 team coming into Kinnick on Friday isn't an easy schedule

It was only perceived easy preseason because Wisconsin and Penn State were not expected to be nearly as good as they are.

Nor was NW expected to be good.

The NDSU loss still kills any perception of a decent schedule. which is inaccurate, but perception is reality

Latest posts