Carver Arena is BORING

hwks1

Really need to move the student section to the court - like everyone else.

Carver is a freaking morgue

Really need to move the student section to the court - like everyone else.

Carver is a freaking morgue

Maybe you should go to the games and contribute to the noise level instead of criticizing from your easy chair at home.

Crowd looked particularly bad tonight. Of course a 6:30 start on a Sunday certainly doesn't help.

I agree. If you have any distance to drive it will be 10:30 at a minimum before you are home. For most adults there is a job to get up for. For young adults and children there is school. The Iowa students have classes. Given Minnesota's record going into the game expectations were Iowa would win easily so not going was an easier decision.

Its always low energy Jeb... and I have been to plenty of games.

They have to move the student section.

Good lord, how many times are we going to do this thread? The Carver atmosphere isnt ideal, but there is no immediate fix...Unless Iowa becomes a blue blood it may never get "fixed".

Carver looked full just everyone sits there. I would just like to hear some noise and enthusiasm. It would help our team. Thats all I care about.

Good lord, how many times are we going to do this thread? The Carver atmosphere isnt ideal, but there is no immediate fix...Unless Iowa becomes a blue blood it may never get "fixed".

Not a great game in some ways with 47 fouls and the hawks not taking command.

CHA will be fine for big games like IU etc but I agree the overall noise level etc is not intimidating to to opponents

It seems nearly every school now has students on the court. Our students don't show up... they have crappy seats so I can understand why the don't attend.

It would be great if Iowa did the simple thing of moving the student section to better parts of CH and providing incentives for students to get to games. There, I just did an MBA's job in the Sports Marketing dept. I need a beer. And a contract.

Don't think the team gave them much to get excited about.

Undefeated and Top 5-10 isn't enough?

Come on.

Sorry, but crowds at Carver are lame. Iowa was never a blue blood (as someone mentioned earlier in this thread) but atmosphere used to be far better 20 years ago. Not sure what the deal is.