#2 player in Nation AJ EPENESA COMMITS TO IOWA!!

He is still the #2 ranked player in the nation according to 247sports. The composite ranking is #13 which take into account other websites.

You jugheads are funny arguing about rating stars and rating positions. Funny, heck just be happy he committed to the hawks and if AJ can stay healthy he should be a very very good Dee lineman. the hawks have a good history of putting Dee linemen in the league and they have a great coach.

Might be time to have some young guys playing dee line like Hesse and some others lately.

You jugheads are funny arguing about rating stars and rating positions. Funny, heck just be happy he committed to the hawks and if AJ can stay healthy he should be a very very good Dee lineman. the hawks have a good history of putting Dee linemen in the league and they have a great coach.

Might be time to have some young guys playing dee line like Hesse and some others lately.

Whether Epenesa is a 4 or 5* is really pretty irrelevant - it's clear that Epenesa is very highly thought of, so he should be a terrific player.

5* recruits sound good though, and can't possibly hurt the program from a publicity standpoint. Sends a good message.

I'm thrilled either way.

Let's just hope this turns out better than 5* D Doering.

Now we need to have another 12+ win season to make sure he keeps his commitment.

Not a coincidence he announced this on a day Iowa is hosting a bunch of juniors who will be at the basketball game. Great news for the program. I'll be excited to see if commits like AJ and Juan Harris along with Lattimore start attracting other highly touted recruits in the class of 2017 who are currently on the fence.

Wow, great get! Check out this list of offers:
Epenesa’s offers have come from the obvious local schools (Illinois and Missouri) and from some of the nation’s top programs. The list includes Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Iowa, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State, USC, UCLA, Ole Miss, Oregon, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article55186655.html#storylink=cpy

Sounds like he can play basketball, too:
Epenesa is averaging a team-high 15.7 points and 12.7 rebounds for Edwardsville’s 13-3 basketball team and has broken the school record in the discus throw in track.

Quite an athlete.

Great sign that he's a good basketball player.

Not a coincidence he announced this on a day Iowa is hosting a bunch of juniors who will be at the basketball game. Great news for the program. I'll be excited to see if commits like AJ and Juan Harris along with Lattimore start attracting other highly touted recruits in the class of 2017 who are currently on the fence.
Djimon Colbert the 4* 2017 CB out of the KC area would be another nice one to pick up. He is down to Iowa, Nebraska and Mizzou. I wonder if this will also influence Farniok, the big 2016 OT out of South Dakota who will be visiting soon.

Dee linemen....sounds so....happy.

Our future DL of AJ Epenesa, Juan Harris and Cedrick Lattimore is absolutely scary.

Don't forget Golston, Simon, Schulte and McKnight...a lot of great athletes who look like they can be built up to play DT or quick enough to play LB. It's pretty exciting right about now and I can't believe how "ho hum" this type of a verbal would be to an Ohio State or a Bama fan base who are used to getting a bunch of AJs in their classes.

I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!

What is so huge about this is having Harris committed to come here at DT at the same time. With Harris being so huge he is going to demand double teams on every play. If he developed as expected anyways. So, if you put AJ next to him AJ will get single blocked all of the time. It is very hard to double team two guys on the same side of the LOS. If you find a way it means you will have one less guy out on a route. Allowing AJ to be single blocked all the time (or almost all the time) will just make him that much more effective. If he tears it up early on in a game and makes a guy decide to double him (AJ) this would free up Harris. Both of them playing next to each other would make both of them better! Like other have mentioned already we do have some good players in place just ahead of them who could combine into a beastly DL in a few years!

These two classes are going to be monsters just on the D line. The single most important thing to have on D is a great overall line. To have 4 or more athletic pass rushers with one of them as good as AJ is going to be will be so so huge. Changes how teams game plan. Future sure looks bright boys!!

He talked about always wanting to play for iowa because they are his favorite team. If you don't grow up a huge fan of someone and want to run off somewhere and get handed a national title, that's understandable. But if you have a favorite team, why would you not want to go play for them? To me that alone makes AJ awesome. He wants to help out his favorite team instead of hoping on the bandwagon of today's powerhouse.

He talked about always wanting to play for iowa because they are his favorite team. If you don't grow up a huge fan of someone and want to run off somewhere and get handed a national title, that's understandable. But if you have a favorite team, why would you not want to go play for them? To me that alone makes AJ awesome. He wants to help out his favorite team instead of hoping on the bandwagon of today's powerhouse.

It would be awesome to find out the tried to use ol' Ross P to sway him and that AJ told him to f*ck off.

Welcome aboard A.J.. By the time you're done here you will be a legend and help to usher in our best recruiting classes in history. I'm looking forward to the many highlights that you'll be bringing us!!!!!

Latest posts