Why Rudock left

Kind of a dumb thread. Rudock left and had a good season at Michigan. C.J. had a terrific season at Iowa & took Iowa to a level has never been to before as far as an undefeated regular season. Both sides win and it was a good situation for all. Rudock got to have a tie with the Michigan brand and probably got more known around the country.

Question: Will Rudock with the Michigan name get a legit sniff in the NFL or CFL?

Far be it from me to criticize the coach of the year. But I do get a kick out of all the pundits who praise KFz for the bold move of naming CJ the starter back in January... ignoring the fact that he was pretty much the last one to come to that conclusion.

Who knows what 2014 might have been if...

Far be it from me to criticize the coach of the year. But I do get a kick out of all the pundits who praise KFz for the bold move of naming CJ the starter back in January... ignoring the fact that he was pretty much the last one to come to that conclusion.

Who knows what 2014 might have been if...

With Mark Weisman running behind that offensive line and the 2014 defense? We'd have been at the same spot. Jake Rudock wasn't even in the top half dozen reasons that team finished with that record.

One thing is probably for sure, having both of them would have been a disaster. Everyone worked out for the best the way it worked out, time to let it go.

With Mark Weisman running behind that offensive line and the 2014 defense? We'd have been at the same spot. Jake Rudock wasn't even in the top half dozen reasons that team finished with that record.

One thing is probably for sure, having both of them would have been a disaster. Everyone worked out for the best the way it worked out, time to let it go.

No, I doubt that. We would have been better, probably much better. It would have been fun to see CJ all year with two NFL tackles and a Powell as a deep threat. Weisman was a great blocker to so CJ would have had plenty of time. That would have put a lot of pressure on the defense. The problem is Rudock knew his ability and dumped it short regardless so the extra time didn't help too much.

What if Iowa becomes the Kentucky of basketball? Players play one year and go to the pros? What about giving, then taking away, all of those scholarship offers the SEC deigns to give and take? Playing potential felons? You draw a line at success, Boat?

There is so much wrong (pronounced dumb) with this post that I don't even know where to begin.

The issue of Rudock is long over.
The current important issue now is, who will be following CJB after next year.
Will he ( new qb ) be as exciting and accurate as CJ?
Will he be a dual threat qb? As is CJ.
Hopefully, next season will provide some game time for other qb's. Experience.
Jake who? Move forward Senseless..

No, I doubt that. We would have been better, probably much better. It would have been fun to see CJ all year with two NFL tackles and a Powell as a deep threat. Weisman was a great blocker to so CJ would have had plenty of time. That would have put a lot of pressure on the defense. The problem is Rudock knew his ability and dumped it short regardless so the extra time didn't help too much.

except Walsh didn't play nearly as well last year and the guard spot was a disaster (so much so we had to move Blythe there just to stabilize it), CJ wouldn't have had plenty of time. Some of you are having memory issues.

The defense was a tire fire at times last year, which is generally what happens when you're playing so many freshmen. That experience led to this season's resurgence though.

The 1921 National Champions and 1922 Big Ten Champions Teams called and asked, "WTF you talking about?"

They didn't play 12 games. Nothing like comparing apples to trucks. You can't go back 90 years & compare teams. Pretty sure this Iowa team would kick those teams all over the field. Nice try though.

Kind of a dumb thread. Rudock left and had a good season at Michigan. C.J. had a terrific season at Iowa & took Iowa to a level has never been to before as far as an undefeated regular season. Both sides win and it was a good situation for all. Rudock got to have a tie with the Michigan brand and probably got more known around the country.

Question: Will Rudock with the Michigan name get a legit sniff in the NFL or CFL?

melrose - first 12-0 for iowa. not first undefeated season for iowa.

They didn't play 12 games. Nothing like comparing apples to trucks. You can't go back 90 years & compare teams. Pretty sure this Iowa team would kick those teams all over the field. Nice try though.

missed point. undefeated is undefeated. there is a narrative out there that this was the 1st undefeated season for iowa, which is untrue. 1st 12-0 season. yes.

Latest posts