OMG this will inflate your head till your thumb pops out your pie-hole!!

From the penalties perspective, how is MSU below us in penalties? Dantonio must have a lot of officials who are relatives.

Nice stats, but I wouldn't read too much into them. Rutgers leads a couple of lists and they are likely to finish last in the B1G.

It is nice to see Iowa so well represented though. And above Wisconsin in most categories. But again, it doesn't mean a lot.

Stats can be construed in many directions, but the key here is, as said above, we are where we should be and have done what we needed to do when we needed to based on the schedule given. Which BTW, is similar, thus far, to any other schedule we've played in years past...and also similar to that of other teams.

The main point is we are at least now back in the "discussion" amongst fans and foes. All of whom will be watching and talking about moreso with each W....This week will go a long ways toward showing us all, and the team itself, exactly what we've got.

Oh my, Tom Dienhart has decided to give every team a grade from Saturday. It appears one team graded out higher than all the others. Can any of you name that team's mascot?

WEEK 4 GRADES
Illinois: B-
Indiana: A
Iowa: A+
Maryland: F
Michigan: A
Michigan State: B-
Minnesota: C+
Nebraska: B-
Northwestern: B
Ohio State: B+
Penn State: B
Purdue: F
Rutgers: B
Wisconsin: A

Last edited by a moderator:
Northwestern and Indiana are #1 and #2 in rushing yards/game.

Ohio State and Maryland (!) lead in yards/attempt.

Weird.

Hey, that's not fair. Yes, IIRC Iowa is 4th in yards/attempt and 6th in yards/game, but can't you at least mention that Iowa is #1 in rushing TDs?

Fewest punts as well.

Dillon Kidd has done great. Keep waiting for that shank we saw too often the previous two years. The blocked punt versus Pitt wasn't his fault. If he kicks this well through remainder of the season that was a scholarship well spent.

Quarterback position was up graded this season.kick returner upgraded. Both kickers upgraded themselves. Lbackers upgraded themselves. Running backs upgraded. Hope total wins for season is upgraded. All good so far....

How about 8th nationally converting third downs at 52%?

7 of 26 conversions have been runs by CJ.

To me the biggest reason for our success has been the "New" Kirk. (Thank you Brian?? Thank you Barta??)

AND

The QB play. Kudos to CJ.

How about 8th nationally converting third downs at 52%?

7 of 26 conversions have been runs by CJ.

To me the biggest reason for our success has been the "New" Kirk. (Thank you Brian?? Thank you Barta??)

AND

The QB play. Kudos to CJ.

FIRST

And of course, the icing on the cake and the required CJB nod. CJB ranked 13th nationally in total QBR, behind only Connor Cook in the B1G (and only by .1, literally neck and neck):

http://espn.go.cohttp://espn.go.com/college-football/qbrm/college-football/qbr

Very Interesting. Didn't realize that CJB was right there with him with all the hype that Cook gets. Great to see, hope the trend continues for both in conference play. Not that I want MSU to do well, but since we don't see them they could greatly help us down the road.

Wow I didnt even realize Canzeri had 8 td's already.

I'd love to see Iowa beat Wisconsin on a fake punt late in the game when everyone in the building knew it was coming. A little blast from the past...only the other way around for once

Latest posts