UCLA survives on weird call

uihawk82

Bryce Alford was on fire though 8-10 from 3 pt range, but another ref should have stepped in and said that goaltended shot was off line and it looked like the bottom of the ball was already below the rim when touched.

honestly although the shot obviously wasnt going to go in it looked like it would've drawn iron which makes it goaltending. Just my opinion

Bryce Alford was on fire though 8-10 from 3 pt range, but another ref should have stepped in and said that goaltended shot was off line and it looked like the bottom of the ball was already below the rim when touched.

Didn't like the call, but SMU choked that last minute after a huge 19-0 run on UCLA. Giving up big runs like that seems strangely familiar...

The refs robbed us all of the combined joy of the clowns and alf failing in the first round.

Yeah probably a bad call... but a dumb play by that guy.

Total reaction play by smu player which is what you want, and the floor level replay sure made it look like the ball was 100% wide of the rim and maybe even the bottom of the ball was below the rim.

They lost the game by not getting ball into their great guard with 22 seconds to play and the lead.

Post game interviews with Steve and Bryce Alford shows they both have extremely high opinions of themselves.

If the ball has a chance to hit the rim it's goal tending... That ball would have nicked it I think. It had zero chance of going in. Those tall long armed guys just can't help themselves to go after a ball it seems like when it's in the ball park. It's such a bang bang deal that it's tough to coach players up on that. If I'm them I'm more ****** at the ridiculously bad turnover that big guy had at mid court right before that. If he just holds on to it or makes a decent pass they are shooting free throws while they were up 2 pts. Totally different game if then....

The ball had zero chance of going in which is one of the thresholds to call goaltending.

If that's goaltending, then the rule needs to be changed.

smu-goaltend.jpg

If that's goaltending, then the rule needs to be changed.

smu-goaltend.jpg

Yes clearly!!
  1. In basketball, goaltending is the violation of interfering with the ball when it is on its way to the basket and it is (a) in its downward flight, (b) entirely above the rim and has the possibility of entering the basket, and (c) not touching the rim.

Latest posts