Penn is 1-2 lost to Penn St.

boarhawk

i was kind of excited for the Penn Game until i did some research , they lost to Penn St. at home in what would be our equivalent rivalery gave vs ISU . Hopefully it will be more of a test than i think before we play Xavier .

They like to play pretty fast, I would like to see us make it three in a row over the century mark.

Hope they are somewhat better than what we've faced. We have Xavier coming up next and need a decent test.

Xavier has some votes for this week's Top 25 and will be no walk in the park. I think they are around #40 for Ken Pom whereas Penn is 247.

Out of 351 teams, Maryland Eastern is 346 and Abilene is 340.

Hope they are somewhat better than what we've faced. We have Xavier coming up next and need a decent test.

Xavier has some votes for this week's Top 25 and will be no walk in the park. I think they are around #40 for Ken Pom whereas Penn is 247.

The best part of playing Abilene-Christian is that they won't count against us in the RPI since they aren't a full D-1 member yet. I don't think Penn will be as good as UNO.

They are much better than the **** played (aside from UN-O...maybe. Those guys might be in a stretch where they're just playing decent.) But that doesn't mean they are any good. We win play 20 as long as we play well.

Penn State has Tim Frazier back, they might be tougher than what everyone thinks. The only thing that concerns me about Penn is their guards, I posted this in another topic, they do have a couple of guards that can score and knock down the 3 pointer. I expect Penn to be a little more of a test than MES and Abilene Christian.

The best part of playing Abilene-Christian is that they won't count against us in the RPI since they aren't a full D-1 member yet. I don't think Penn will be as good as UNO.

You sure about that? They are playing in the Southland Conference this year.

Serious question not a flame...Why do we need a decent test before Xavier? Xavier can be our first decent test. Someone has to be. It might as well be Ken Pom #40 on a neutral court.

Serious question not a flame...Why do we need a decent test before Xavier? Xavier can be our first decent test. Someone has to be. It might as well be Ken Pom #40 on a neutral court.

Penn won't be a big test. But they do have a decent big man. Don't think we've played one of those yet and it would be nice for GO and Woody to play one before going against Stainbrook of Xavier. That guy runs 6'9", 290 lbs and averages 10p and 10r.

i was kind of excited for the Penn Game until i did some research , they lost to Penn St. at home in what would be our equivalent rivalery gave vs ISU . Hopefully it will be more of a test than i think before we play Xavier .

What made you think that Penn was a good team or would be a good test? Penn..really? This was scheduled as a major cupcake.

That's not the same as Iowa-ISU. Penn is Ivy League. They're very smart and many grads will make a lot of money but as far as sports go they know that they suck. Do you think that Penn State fans are excited about beating Penn? They're not. They know that Penn sucks donkey.

What made you think that Penn was a good team or would be a good test? Penn..really? This was scheduled as a major cupcake.

That's not the same as Iowa-ISU. Penn is Ivy League. They're very smart and many grads will make a lot of money but as far as sports go they know that they suck. Do you think that Penn State fans are excited about beating Penn? They're not. They know that Penn sucks donkey.

Getting them confused with Pitt perhaps?

Personally, I think it's hard to jump from facing 3 teams in the bottom 250 all the way to a Top 40 team. The speed and the game will be much different than what the Hawks were tested with for the first few weeks of the season. That could lead to a soft start against Xavier.

I'd prefer to place someone in the 100-150 range before jumping all the way to a Top 40 team. That's just my opinion tho.