What's up with Woodbury and dunking the ball?

legelsegel

Looks like he left 4 pts on the board last night because he kept trying to lay it and and not duck.

Am I the only one who thinks he doesn't finish on a continuous basis with authority? Is it his leaping ability? Why doesn't he slam the ball down? Seems like a 7"er should be able to dunk with ease? I'm sick of seeing him lay it up.

Woodbury...the alternate lightning rod with Oglesby hurt...more "Woodbury can't" or "Woodbury won't" or "Woodbury isn't" threads please...joy

Looks like he left 4 pts on the board last night because he kept trying to lay it and and not duck.

Am I the only one who thinks he doesn't finish on a continuous basis with authority? Is it his leaping ability? Why doesn't he slam the ball down? Seems like a 7"er should be able to dunk with ease? I'm sick of seeing him lay it up.

Because he knows this pisses you off. And that's kinda fun.

I don't know but I do know it's not his leaping ability. Doesn't take much of a leap for a guy his size to dunk. If you wanna question him looking tentative or soft I'd have a discussion but if you don't honestly think that he doesn't have the leaping ability to dunk I'll just shake my head and walk away.

Don Criqui could not be reached for comment.

Woody has a lot of strengths that outweigh this weakness but his leaping and explosion attributes are bad. However, Woody runs the floor much better than most bigs his height/stature.

Woody has a lot of strengths that outweigh this weakness but his leaping and explosion attributes are bad. However, Woody runs the floor much better than most bigs his height/stature.

Running the floor doesn't do any good if he can't finish at the rim. He gets blocked a lot by much smaller players and tries to play with to much finesse. I think he will learn to dunk the ball, never had to in high school. I think he can develop into a solid player, but needs a lot of development.

Running the floor doesn't do any good if he can't finish at the rim. He gets blocked a lot by much smaller players and tries to play with to much finesse. I think he will learn to dunk the ball, never had to in high school. I think he can develop into a solid player, but needs a lot of development.

Running the floor is important in terms of getting back on D and can create opportunities for teammates on offense by beating your man down the floor and creating a numbers advantage.

The game is much more complex my man than just what happens when you have the ball in your hands.

People don't dunk because they have to, they dunk because they can. Woody has no ups.

I don't know but I do know it's not his leaping ability. Doesn't take much of a leap for a guy his size to dunk. If you wanna question him looking tentative or soft I'd have a discussion but if you don't honestly think that he doesn't have the leaping ability to dunk I'll just shake my head and walk away.

Maybe so, but there is no way off that Marble feed he should be shooting up to the basket at his hieght he should be shooting down; but he just doesn't?

Not sure why this isn't known by everyone, but his verticle is terrible and his wingspan is only 6'9". Doesn't add up to being able to dunk with authority. He is a finesse big. He's going to have a lot of soft touches around the hoop and with his hook.

I really don't care if he dunks it or not, I just want him to make the easy bunnies he keeps missing. 2 points is 2 points no matter how you put it in the hoop.

Not sure why this isn't known by everyone, but his verticle is terrible and his wingspan is only 6'9". Doesn't add up to being able to dunk with authority. He is a finesse big. He's going to have a lot of soft touches around the hoop and with his hook.

This, Iowa fans need to realize this. He will never be slamming it down like Doug Thomas, maybe by the time he is a Senior he will dunk it more.

But, LOL he does look awkward when he tries.

When woody finally gets his feet under him and he catches up to the speed of the game (my prediction at the end of this year), the around the basket finess he is criticized for now will be something people point to as what he had that makes him special compared to other seven footers. Wait and see

Latest posts