Are you going to watch the game this saturday

1st half = yes
2nd half = no, unless they allow TVs in the church, fairly certain the bride wouldn't like that

just curious about what kind of fans are on this forum. Someone said this is "rake your yard saturday". Still others just won't miss an Iowa game period. Still others will listen to radio, rake the yard and run in the house if it gets good. Which one are you?

I will watch every single minute, prolly rewind the DVR about 20 different times to review some plays. I will do this most likely while my 7 month old twins are screaming and pooping....constantly :)

You've convinced me! I am NOT going to sit in Kinnick this Saturday! I bet others feel the same way. I'd be surprised if it was 1/3 full on Saturday!

Come on Freak, it's more about the game day experience and the tailgate. There'll be plenty of people there.

FWIW, I'll be watching from my Hawkeye mancave.

I'll be in KC area for my daughter's softball tourney with a perfect break between her games from 2:15 - 6pm. Assuming I'll be able to see it on the ABC / ESPN2 mirror, so, OF COURSE I'll watch!

The real question is, how long?
How long will I watch Kirt and Dave continue to "probe" OSU's 8-man defensive box with Weisman and Bullock in futility, while Daniel's is doing a stop-drop-and roll on the sidelines as his jersey continues to burst into flames?

How long will I watch Braxton Miller and Kenny Guiton take turns abusing the Iowa secondary after repetitive 3-&-outs and stalled drives by Dave's bubble / jail-break / quick screen / #I haven't learned the ******* game 3rd-down offensive game plan?

How long before ABC / ESPN2 drop the "mirror" and mercifully go all-in on what should be an incredibly entertaining UCLA at Stanford game?

Buck-I 44, Hawk-I 12.

You've convinced me! I am NOT going to sit in Kinnick this Saturday! I bet others feel the same way. I'd be surprised if it was 1/3 full on Saturday!

No, make an exception for this Saturday. All fans that show up to Kinnick this Saturday are true TavernHok fans!

I will be at the horse shoe at ohio college for the game. I will be very disappointed if Iowa does not compete with ohio and hope for an upset win. I love the experience of attending away games (I am lucky to be able to go to all of them). I got to see the Hawks darn near upset ohio a couple of years ago; I must admit that other than Kinnick, the horse shoe is the best venue in the BT.

Anyone thay does not support the team, and at least watch if they are able does not deserve to be called a fan. Even the fans in the 70s were more supportive than half the guys on this forum. My friend Rob Fick told me that the fans stuck with his team in 74, and they beat UCLA. We all know what the 73 season was like. If the 74 team could do it, for sure this team can. Be a real fan every one and help this team win, they need your support.
I thought Iowa's first year of football was 1981?;)

Yes. The 'Cats play the Goofers at 11 and I will go to that game. I will DVR the Iowa game and should catch up to the live feed sometime in the first quarter. I will watch until we get down by 5 possessions.

I will be at the horse shoe at ohio college for the game. I will be very disappointed if Iowa does not compete with ohio and hope for an upset win. I love the experience of attending away games (I am lucky to be able to go to all of them). I got to see the Hawks darn near upset ohio a couple of years ago; I must admit that other than Kinnick, the horse shoe is the best venue in the BT.

If only we were playing Ohio rather than Ohio State. I think we would give Ohio a run for their money.

I agree with this, the biggest message us fans can send is by not showing up to the games.

I have been a life long Cub fan and one of my biggest gripe is the amount of fans that will show up no matter how bad they are. Even during bad seasons they still draw over 2 million per year and that does not give ownership much incentive to improve the team since they profit whether they win or lose. We do not want Iowa to turn into "loveable losers", if you do not enjoy the results of the team/coaching staff there is no bigger message you can send then having a 1/2 empty Kinnick Stadium on game day.
It would be awesome for recruits to see a half empty Kinnick Stadium as well, wouldn't it? That would help us recruit guys who we can develop to compete in the Big Ten, right?

I'm not going to stop coming to games because of a few bad years. I don't agree with everything the coaching staff does, but I still think Ferentz and his staff have done a pretty good job winning and competing at a place that it isn't an easy thing to do. Most importantly, I'm not going to quit coming to games because it's such valuable time with my dad, brother, and cousins. Meeting in Iowa City to tailgate is something truly special. It's such an amazing time, and one that I cherish seven times a year. Period. Who knows how many gamedays I have left with these people, but I'm going to take advantage of them while I can; whether we're winning or losing.

Although I realistically believe this game will not be pretty, of course I will watch. As a Hawk fan for life, I'll always support the guys playing for Iowa.

It's the head coach and his staff who are becoming increasingly difficult to support. With that said, I will not punish the players by not watching because of a coaches failure to keep up with the times.

Although I realistically believe this game will not be pretty, of course I will watch. As a Hawk fan for life, I'll always support the guys playing for Iowa.

It's the head coach and his staff who are becoming increasingly difficult to support. With that said, I will not punish the players by not watching because of a coaches failure to keep up with the times.

You watching on TV? If so, how will the players know if you are watching or not?

I'll be open to doing something with my wife. I may also watch the Notre Dame - USC game as a primry and DVR the hawks. either way I'll record it and tune into soundoff and be on this forum. Since it's a 3:30 start, may be home by then regardless of what activites we have planned.

Every game I don't attend, I at least start out watching. There have been a few, on occasion, that were so horrible, that I turned them off and went on to other things. I remember, in particular, a Penn St. game when my boys were young that got out of hand quickly and we wound up putting an elaborate lego castle together instead. But normally, I will watch until the victorious or bitter end. The last few years have been tough though, given the way we have rolled over in the fourth quarter.

Latest posts