Zach Johnson Tweet

mtnhwk

Good for Zach for bringing it up to Urban........

Tweet of the Day

Iowa native Zach Johnson caught up with former Florida coach Urban Meyer at the pro-am at the St. Jude Classic, and apparently they talked about the controversial 2006 bowl game between the Hawkeyes and Gators.

@ZachJohnsonPGA: Oh...all Hawk fans...coach Meyer said it was a BAD call in 2006 Outback bowl! But, said they still would've won! #goodstuff

Read more: Truth and Rumors: McDowell concerned for Woods - Press Tent

Tweet of the Day

Iowa native Zach Johnson caught up with former Florida coach Urban Meyer at the pro-am at the St. Jude Classic, and apparently they talked about the controversial 2006 bowl game between the Hawkeyes and Gators.

@ZachJohnsonPGA: Oh...all Hawk fans...coach Meyer said it was a BAD call in 2006 Outback bowl! But, said they still would've won! #goodstuff

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5E2clVsGw[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5E2clVsGw"][/ame]

Tweet of the Day

Which bad call? The offside on the onside kick? Not calling florida offside on a kickoff? The facemask call on Solomon? The unnecessary roughness on Iwebema? Those are the ones that first come to mind, although I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple.

Which bad call? The offside on the onside kick? Not calling florida offside on a kickoff? The facemask call on Solomon? The unnecessary roughness on Iwebema? Those are the ones that first come to mind, although I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple.

The other big one your missing is when Florida had 12 or 13 guys on the field as 1 or 2 were running off but didn't make it and no call.

Wow, those were some terrible calls! I remember, of course, the terrible offsides call and the Solomon phantom facemask, but I forgot about the Iwebema unnecessary roughness. Unbelievable!

wow, i thought i have finally moved on. thanks for digging up old wounds. now i'm ticked again.

This is why when you are all doing the Vadar chomp I refuse because I want nothing to do with the Florida Gators.

We are still talking about this game? It was 6 football seasons ago...it was a meaningless bowl game. Since then Florida won 2 national titles and a Sugar Bowl. I just wish as a fan base we would be better than this.

We are still talking about this game? It was 6 football seasons ago...it was a meaningless bowl game. Since then Florida won 2 national titles and a Sugar Bowl. I just wish as a fan base we would be better than this.

Did you miss the thread title? And why include the Sugar, if all bowls but the title game are "meaningless"? And finally, WE'RE FANS! That's why we still talk about this crap!

Hmmm....Are you a Hawk fan?

He's an "elite" Hawkeye fan. At least it sounds like that's how he views himself. Who cares if the game was 6 years ago? There was a number of BS calls and we should have won that game. To make matters worse, not only was it an SEC team it was Florida (puke). Sounds like you think you're better than us because you don't care... I would argue that you're less of a Hawk fan because you could care less.

Props to Zach Johnson by the way. Urban had to say that they still would have won, but he knows better than that.

Sounds like a stupid reason to hate Florida. It's like the French hating Belguim for letting Germany invade them.

Well f*ck Belgium too then!:mad:

:D

If one guy holds your hands behind your back while some other d-bag punches you, are you only going to hate the dude who held your hands back? Or would you also hate the guy who took advantage of the situation? I rest my case, your honor...

Last edited:
Well f*ck Belgium too then!:mad:

:D

If one guy holds your hands behind your back while some other d-bag punches you, are you only going to hate the dude who held your hands back? Or would you also hate the guy who took advantage of the situation? I rest my case, your honor...

That's a bad analogy. Took advantage of the situation? What were they supposed to do? Stop the game and tell the officials they are helping them too much? Does Kirk Ferentz ask for a do over whenever the refs make a bad call in his favor?

That's a bad analogy. Took advantage of the situation? What were they supposed to do? Stop the game and tell the officials they are helping them too much? Does Kirk Ferentz ask for a do over whenever the refs make a bad call in his favor?
Were there bad calls in that game? You bet. Is Meyer right in saying they would have won anyways? That is also a fact. Iowa looked out of their depth the whole game, althought the score was pretty close.

Last edited:

That's not a bad analogy at all...at no time did I even hint that Florida shouldn't take advantage of the situation at hand...or ANY other team for that matter, nor would I expect some d-bag not to take a swing if his buddy had your hands locked up behind you...the analogy is good...much better than hating those bastardly Belgians...

Latest posts