Zach Johnson is

cuihawk

...to the golf world what Iowa is to college football under Kirk Ferentz. Check out the intro and item #1 written by Bob Harig at ESPN...

Zach Johnson grinds way to 11th win at Hyundai Tournament of Champions -- golf - ESPN

1. No, it isn't a perfect comparison (cue the witty comments about how Zach's body of work is better), but it's pretty damn good. Highs and lows, but the whole story is pretty impressive, and relatively under the radar, not flashy, yadayadayada.

2. It's kind of cool because Zach is such a big Hawkeye fan.

3. He is what he is, and he makes the best of it.

4. How can you not admire what Zach Johnson has done when you take a step back? How can you not admire Iowa under KF? Right now his career is on the upswing, and I think the Hawks have a chance to follow suit (and have already started that journey). Here's to hoping so.

Would you rather be the Tiger Woods of college football?

Zach Johnson is a winner on and off the golf course. A great guy on the course and a great family man off it.

It's a shame he didn't play at Iowa. Be cool to say a former Hawkeye golfer was a Masters champion. Go Zach! (Even if he's a tavernhok...... :rolleyes: )

................... an American professional golfer who has 11 victories on the PGA Tour, including one major championship, the 2007 Masters

It's a shame he didn't play at Iowa. Be cool to say a former Hawkeye golfer was a Masters champion. Go Zach! (Even if he's a tavernhok...... :rolleyes: )

A very wealthy tavernhok, I might add.

Excuse me while I take this next order, "Uh, do you want fries with that?"

A very wealthy tavernhok, I might add.

Excuse me while I take this next order, "Uh, do you want fries with that?"

My tavernhok jab was tongue-in-cheek, of course.

Anyway, to continue the thread, Zach Johnson is.....

A good guy who loves his wife and kids and is the embodiment of a good-ole Iowa kid.

And gives back to his community. His fund raising golf tournament in Cedar Rapids is a big seller.

.....a Drake alum that never attended Iowa.

Zach Johnon is a very good friend and Huge fan of the Iowa Hawkeyes football under
Captain Kirk

He's been in the Locker room, prior to wins against Wisconsin, a few years back.
He's also visited FB practices and spoke to the players.

:cool:

My tavernhok jab was tongue-in-cheek, of course.

Anyway, to continue the thread, Zach Johnson is.....

A good guy who loves his wife and kids and is the embodiment of a good-ole Iowa kid.

Yeah, a 'good ole Iowa kid' who happens to perhaps be the Best Golfer in the world, right now. Just sayin.........Zach, with his BMW championship win, NW Mutual in LA win and the Hawaii event is playing as well as ANY Golfer in the world, today.

Latest posts