You're not gonna wanna hear this....

Mac50702

But our D is seriously overrated. All that crap about being the #1 run D, I see its because we played crap teams to get that stat. WOW

Good thing I read it instead, because I didn't want to hear it? Seriously, a little mild adversity and we have to start with the negative threads about the defense? Wow, I guess we should fire Norm while were at it??? How bout we let the game play out a see how we end up???

Good thing I read it instead, because I didn't want to hear it? Seriously, a little mild adversity and we have to start with the negative threads about the defense? Wow, I guess we should fire Norm while were at it??? How bout we let the game play out a see how we end up???

True.

But....when you don't get any pressure on the quarterback with your regular pass rush, you're going to get beat unless you add something else to the mix.

This works against Iowa State, even Michigan. But not against a good O-Line like Wisconisn.

As I posted in a new thread, the defense didn't lose this game. Special teams, time management and way too conservative play calling at the wrong time cost the Hawks this one!

As I posted in a new thread, the defense didn't lose this game. Special teams, time management and way too conservative play calling at the wrong time cost the Hawks this one!

Special teams and play management didnt give Wisconsin 31 points. There were not any punt blocks, kick return TD's or Pick Six's. We just got flat out beat.

Wisc. rushed for 124 yards... They average 230+ Or d line did their job... Our Pass D, another story.... Made Tolzin look like a Heisman candidate...

Special teams and play management didnt give Wisconsin 31 points. There were not any punt blocks, kick return TD's or Pick Six's. We just got flat out beat.

Really??? An offsides on a kickoff gave them the ball at the 50 yard line when it should have been at the 16. They score three plays later. You can blame the D to some extent there, but the main problem lies with the kicking team with that score. When you have a fg blocked and an extra point blocked, that is giving up points with your special teams. One of those keeps you tied, the other gets you the win. When didn't get flat out beat, because Iowa moved the ball just as well as Wisky. A series of errors by special teams and the coaching staff was the difference.

Really??? An offsides on a kickoff gave them the ball at the 50 yard line when it should have been at the 16. They score three plays later. You can blame the D to some extent there, but the main problem lies with the kicking team with that score. When you have a fg blocked and an extra point blocked, that is giving up points with your special teams. One of those keeps you tied, the other gets you the win. When didn't get flat out beat, because Iowa moved the ball just as well as Wisky. A series of errors by special teams and the coaching staff was the difference.

Mac is another troll who only comes out on a loss.

Our pass D is not good. Giving way too much cushion and not getting any pressure on the QB. Someone needs to change things up with some blitz. Norm didn't blitz much but he seemed to be able to dial it up at critical times. I'm not seeing that now

Our Dline is doing fine, the linebackers are just out of position to lay anything other than glancing hits on running backs and are caught being late in coverage and recognizing what recievers are doing against them. All of this will come with experience. It is a young group and you cannot expect there not to be growing pains after trying to replace the linebackers we had last year. The reason our Dline is not looking as good as advertised is because the coverage is not able to provide the "coverage sacks" that came last year and our LBs are not filling the gaps as well as they should quite yet because of their inexperience.

......Don't jump off the deep end yet on this defense, they have won us a lot more games than they have lost us games.

Latest posts