You're gonna see the real Wegher now

Mark it down, assuming he's 95% or better, everyone is going to see the real Brandon Wegher this weekend. Over 120. Take it to the bank. This guy needs 20-25 carries to get in the flow. Don't be surprised if he breaks one.

Wegher was a stud in high school, he should be fine carrying the load. If he can get into some space he can really do some damage, we have already seen that.

Getting some good reps in vs Indiana will help him for the rest of the season.

Plus since our run game is depleted maybe we can bring back the bubble screen.

I hope so. However, he has gotten a lot of reps already and he is good in space, but he cannot break a tackle and gets routinely dropped in the backfield.

Also, any word on if Rogers redshirt is coming off? Lets get real here, Paki, who may be Mother Theresa off the field, is more like my Aunt Theresa on it.

I hope so. However, he has gotten a lot of reps already and he is good in space, but he cannot break a tackle and gets routinely dropped in the backfield.

Also, any word on if Rogers redshirt is coming off? Lets get real here, Paki, who may be Mother Theresa off the field, is more like my Aunt Theresa on it.

Now that is funny. Good stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised. He gave a burst of speed he hadn't used all year on a few plays last weekend.

Yeah but we need to win these two games so we can get to Pasadena. Win these two riding Wegher, then hopefully Robinson will be healthy enough to take us to the end of the year and then have everyone get healthy by bowl time. Good plan if you ask me.

I am thinking more along the lines of we're going to see the real Ricky Stanzi now. As has been noted above, Wegher is banged up. I'm anticipating/hoping for a big game out of Ricky. I think we're going to see a lot of passing called by KOK.

I am thinking more along the lines of we're going to see the real Ricky Stanzi now. As has been noted above, Wegher is banged up. I'm anticipating/hoping for a big game out of Ricky. I think we're going to see a lot of passing called by KOK.

Agreed. Looking at our roster, you would thing we were a passing team. We have great receivers and it is mind boggling we don't light up the scoreboard more. Sadly, I think a lot of the problem lies with Stanzi. I love the guy, but it is really feast or famine with him.

It really seems that a high percentage of the time he runs the ball when in the game or something is getting tipped that he is running. More than his share he recieves the ball from RS with a defender standing in front of him. He is also carrying the ball much more securely than in HS. I think he has been told about little chance of seeing the field if you fumble.
He also was very good in HS at hitting the hole at full speed and blazing by everyone. It wasn't really that he was so much faster than everyone else but more that he got to and thru the hole so quick there was no chance to react. In the zone blocking scheme many times the RB has to be patient and look for cut backs as much as formed holes and he is still learning that part.

Agreed. Looking at our roster, you would thing we were a passing team. We have great receivers and it is mind boggling we don't light up the scoreboard more. Sadly, I think a lot of the problem lies with Stanzi. I love the guy, but it is really feast or famine with him.

KOK doesn't help the matter a whole lot. i mean stanzi only had 17 attempts going into that final drive. granted, the fewer attempts he has typically means were doing well in the game offensively, but that hasn't always been the case. I know the strategy has been working, but it just gets very frustrating cause i think stanzi is ready to jump up to that next level, i really am. at some point i would like to see them trust he'll make smart decisions on our own end of the field, cause they don't really call anything drastic till we get inside the 40's. maybe with an early lead they would finally try and open it up. I'm hoping at least.

Latest posts