Your Top 3 MVP's of the game for Iowa

WildTurkey

1. Gatens= clutch freethrows and effort
2. White= how about those rebounds? especially the offensive ones.
3. Brandon Paul= helped the hawks more than Illinois
Stats= 37 min, 2-11 with 4pts. and 7 turnovers

Thanks guys you made this win happen today!!!

My MVP goes to Weber. Thanks for changing the game plan and stop going inside like you did in the first half.

BC dished 7 dimes, just two turns and played some monster D.
MG went for 20 and was clutch as always, huge D on Paul.
AW was crafty and scrappy, getting boards, steals, and buckets.

BC dished 7 dimes, just two turns and played some monster D.
MG went for 20 and was clutch as always, huge D on Paul.
AW was crafty and scrappy, getting boards, steals, and buckets.

I like how White does not need touches/offense run through him to get his points.

This is how I expected Cartwright to play all season. Sure he only had five points & didn't shoot well, but he had seven assists & only two turnovers. Iowa was much better with him in the game.

This is how I expected Cartwright to play all season. Sure he only had five points & didn't shoot well, but he had seven assists & only two turnovers. Iowa was much better with him in the game.

Completely agree.

The "good" Cartwright is fun to watch and pivotal for Iowa's success.

Completely agree.

The "good" Cartwright is fun to watch and pivotal for Iowa's success.

People forget that he has been injured virtually all year. First, with concussion like symptoms, then a hamstring injury and finally, with a high ankle sprain. This is probably the healthiest he has been all season.

I am just waiting for Wassabbe to come on here and tell us how much BC sucks again. But ofc he would not have watched the game, just looking at the boxscore tells you how bad he played.

I thought McGabe had a good game when he wasn't chucking threes.
Agree. He does so much that doesn't show up in the books. Tipping loose balls, diving for loose balls, boxing out, etc. He plays so hard away from the ball. A coach's dream on the floor.

3 plays towards the end that were huge. Marble's steal on the inbounds after BC's turnover at midcourt. White's offensive rebound on the missed free throw, just huge and outstanding effort. Gatens getting open at the end and then fighting through the double team to get it up court and draw the foul taking time off. And of course nailing the throws to all but seal it. Fatigue will be a factor tomorrow because they left it all out on the floor today.

Latest posts