Your thoughts on the in game reviews that re-officiate the game

uihawk82

For example today, when the psu guy elbowed JT after a loose ball and the ref right there doesnt call a reach on JT but calls the elbow on the PSU guy.

I dont care if they review for a Flagrant but what is this cylinder shit after the fact called during a review that changes who the foul is on.

First off JT's hands were low and the PSU guy could pivot out of that trouble but instead he threw an elbow. That should have been it. Next thing you know were going to be reversing calls all over the place like in football.

For example today, when the psu guy elbowed JT after a loose ball and the ref right there doesnt call a reach on JT but calls the elbow on the PSU guy.

I dont care if they review for a Flagrant but what is this cylinder shit after the fact called during a review that changes who the foul is on.

First off JT's hands were low and the PSU guy could pivot out of that trouble but instead he threw an elbow. That should have been it. Next thing you know were going to be reversing calls all over the place like in football.

I didn’t like the review and reversal either. The Penn State player had plenty of space to pivot out of the trap. I wonder if the call would have been the same had he thrown more off an elbow/upper arm than his shoulder.

Still, BS call in my opinion.

Waiting for @Fryowa to come on here and defend the officiating...

I was fine with them taking away the foul from Stevens because his elbow didn't actually contact Toussaint, BUT how the hell do you give a foul to Toussaint after the fact? That was some bullshit and I vehemently disagree with that.

I didn’t like the review and reversal either. The Penn State player had plenty of space to pivot out of the trap. I wonder if the call would have been the same had he thrown more off an elbow/upper arm than his shoulder.

Still, BS call in my opinion.

Waiting for @Fryowa to come on here and defend the officiating...
I don’t go either way on officiating, I’m neutral on it. I’ve said a million times here that there are definitely bad calls in games and that they affect outcomes. I’ve also said some coaches can affect it. I can quote some examples if you want, or you can keep being a drama queen and say I’m defending officials that are trying to screw Iowa.

But people like you hilariously think Iowa is the only team on the planet that ever gets fucked. Every single missed layup by an Iowa player is a hack, and every trip to the hoop by an opponent is a charge. Which is fucking stupid. Just like the technical Penn State got for grabbing Garza. If that happened to Fredrick you would have jumped out of your goddamn skivvies creaming how bullshit it was. If you’re a ridiculous homer that’s 100% cool, just own it and stop trying to convince us of the master plan to F the Hawks.

You either have to be dumb or you have to think there’s a conspiracy, which one is it? I don’t think you’re dumb.

Because I don’t hear you say calls against other teams get missed, so logically that means you think we’re the only ones who get hosed, right? A neutral observer would obviously be able to pick out just as many misses or incorrect calls for either team otherwise

I don’t go either way on officiating, I’m neutral on it. I’ve said a million times here that there are definitely bad calls in games and that they affect outcomes. I’ve also said some coaches can affect it. I can quote some examples if you want, or you can keep being a drama queen and say I’m defending officials that are trying to screw Iowa.

But people like you hilariously think Iowa is the only team on the planet that ever gets fucked. Every single missed layup by an Iowa player is a hack, and every trip to the hoop by an opponent is a charge. Which is fucking stupid. Just like the technical Penn State got for grabbing Garza. If that happened to Fredrick you would have jumped out of your goddamn skivvies creaming how bullshit it was. If you’re a ridiculous homer that’s 100% cool, just own it and stop trying to convince us of the master plan to F the Hawks.

You either have to be dumb or you have to think there’s a conspiracy, which one is it? I don’t think you’re dumb.

Because I don’t hear you say calls against other teams get missed, so logically that means you think we’re the only ones who get hosed, right? A neutral observer would obviously be able to pick out just as many misses or incorrect calls for either team otherwise

Penn State didn't get a technical for grabbing Garza. Both of their technicals were because a player mouthed off to the refs. Wheeler flailed about and screamed "that's bullshit" and the big dude clearly said something as he was walking away.

Penn State didn't get a technical for grabbing Garza. Both of their technicals were because a player mouthed off to the refs. Wheeler flailed about and screamed "that's bullshit" and the big dude clearly said something as he was walking away.
It was that play.

The point remains that you would have screamed to high heaven about 1) the foul getting called in the first place, and 2) the T that came afterwards if it was an Iowa player.

It was that play.

The point remains that you would have screamed to high heaven about 1) the foul getting called in the first place, and 2) the T that came afterwards if it was an Iowa player.

The first technical came when Wheeler basically tackled Garza and then freaked out. I wouldn't have been upset if the situation was reversed. It was an obvious foul. I'm a huge homer but I can also be objective.

The second technical came after the foul on the Penn State big against Evelyn. That was not a foul in my opinion. It looked like normal defense. I have no idea what he said to get the technical but must have been not so nice.

I was fine with them taking away the foul from Stevens because his elbow didn't actually contact Toussaint, BUT how the hell do you give a foul to Toussaint after the fact? That was some bullshit and I vehemently disagree with that.

I agree with this point. First it has to be the elbow that hits the defender or comes dangerously close. It was actually the middle of his arm. So that call was correct. However calling a foul on the Iowa player was over the top. This just shows that the officiating is leaning to a more offensive game and higher scoring game for entertainment value. Once upon a time you could be up and into a players jersey just as long as you weren’t touching or hacking on his arms and hands. Of course we all know that Michigan State has grandfathered in their mugging rights when on their home floor.

They was a lot of missed calls and the game was overly physical. On a one to ten scale with ten being flawless officiating I would give this game a six, but I am bias :oops:. Penn State fans would be giving the officials a three and the truth is probably somewhere between the two perspectives.

The first technical came when Wheeler basically tackled Garza and then freaked out. I wouldn't have been upset if the situation was reversed. It was an obvious foul. I'm a huge homer but I can also be objective.

The second technical came after the foul on the Penn State big against Evelyn. That was not a foul in my opinion. It looked like normal defense. I have no idea what he said to get the technical but must have been not so nice.
I have no problem with homers and no problem with objective criticism of officiating.

What I think is stupid is people (many of them here) who just relentlessly, ad nauseally bitch about reffing. Bad calls go both ways and unless there’s a single ridiculous call like the Saints got in the Super Bowl they even themselves out. These people complain that refs suck, but don’t want refs to call the game equally (even if they say they do). Can’t have cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
Did you watch or listen to the game?? It happened in the first half
I was asking when the rules committee allowed a reversal of a called foul, not a upgrade to a flagrant, of course I saw the game but was not aware the officials had the power to overture a call. I havent seen that all year.

No such thing as a reach . No such call for an official .

I have no problem with homers and no problem with objective criticism of officiating.

What I think is stupid is people (many of them here) who just relentlessly, ad nauseally bitch about reffing. Bad calls go both ways and unless there’s a single ridiculous call like the Saints got in the Super Bowl they even themselves out. These people complain that refs suck, but don’t want refs to call the game equally (even if they say they do). Can’t have cake and eat it too.
And those same people bitching about refs don’t have the balls to put on a silly striped shirt and go out there .

If officials get to review the "Cone Rule" they get move TV time.

Might want to focus on calling 3 seconds in the lane once a season.

You are taking the pussy's way out on individual calls and reversals. Cmon man, yes overall the officiating somewhat evens out but at the same time you have to call out individual calls if they are blatantly wrong.

And I ask how the hell do you call a foul off of a review, stupid just plain wrong. It has to be an ordinary foul in real time or it isnt a foul.

Latest posts