Your thoughts on La Porta drops; he had been 'glue'

uihawk82

I am not sure if he has had this many drops since he started playing in 2019 and last year.

Is he looking to run before making some of these catches?

Is it because he is getting double covered and getting hit right as he tries to catch some of these passes?

He is another great Iowa TEnd and I want to see him catch them all. Your thoughts?

Agreed, and I was wondering the same thing -- noticeable compared to last year. Seems like his drops have come when catching in tight windows and he may be hearing footsteps. And we all know Petras' throws are not the easiest to catch due to velocity.

The passes he has dropped have all been high, IIRC. Maybe he has a sore mid-section and he is hearing footsteps.

It is concerning.

He needs to realize he is still going to get hit, whether he catches it or not … so just catch the damn thing!

He has had some uncharacteristic drops this season. I think it will end up being a blip on the radar. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't drop another one the rest of the year. He is too good. The one yesterday was high and came in fast but he should have caught it, and I would say 9 times out of 10, he does. Not worried at this point.

Petras doesn't exactly throw the most catchable ball. That being said, as the old saying goes, "if it hits your hands you should catch it." No excuses. I am not concerned. If he wants to spend extra time with the juggs machine or catching tennis balls that's great....if he doesn't that's cool as well because we haven't reached that point yet, imo.

Petras doesn't exactly throw the most catchable ball. That being said, as the old saying goes, "if it hits your hands you should catch it." No excuses. I am not concerned. If he wants to spend extra time with the juggs machine or catching tennis balls that's great....if he doesn't that's cool as well because we haven't reached that point yet, imo.

Well I hope it is not a technique thing like not getting the hands together coming out of their break or not tucking the ball in fast enough after catching it and getting the ball punched out.

I expect him to also be a top tight end again by the end of the year and if defenses double him Petras needs to come off of him quick and find the open guy.

Well I hope it is not a technique thing like not getting the hands together coming out of their break or not tucking the ball in fast enough after catching it and getting the ball punched out.

I expect him to also be a top tight end again by the end of the year and if defenses double him Petras needs to come off of him quick and find the open guy.

This receiving group isn't great. Hopefully, Bruce and Johnson can change some things with Kent St. and CSU coming up. Tracy is a 2 and Ragini is a 3 and in this offense they are playing the roles of a 1 and a 2. That's part of the problem with the passing game, but it is not the only problem.

This receiving group isn't great. Hopefully, Bruce and Johnson can change some things with Kent St. and CSU coming up. Tracy is a 2 and Ragini is a 3 and in this offense they are playing the roles of a 1 and a 2. That's part of the problem with the passing game, but it is not the only problem.

yes, we certainly miss B Smith and Smith-Marsette but I think again we have two really good TEnds and are running backs our good receivers. Jones, Tracy, Ragaini need to get it going.

I think his drops stick out even more because the opportunities he's getting from well timed and well thrown balls by Petras are few and far between. But yeah Laporta has to make the makeable catches. Nothing bogs down our offense more then that (besides TOs)

Latest posts