Your own terrible predictions for the game tonight

I certainly hope they will show some fire tonight, but unless significant changes are made to the way the offense is run in the 4th quarter, and the defensive schemes, then I don't feel too confident. If Iowa does have the lead in the 4th quarter I predict we do what we always do and go into the fetal position, and punt after 3 atrocious play calls. Then, because our defense hasn't had enough time to rest they will come out and probably get driven on. But here's to hoping the coaches realize this failed us SIX times this year so maybe, just maybe they will stop being so pathetically conservative. Hey, I can dream, right?

Hawks open with a Power-T look, Coker, Paki and Morse, but Stanzi goes 68 yards on naked bootleg for our only score of the game. We, of course, miss PAT, so when we block late-game FG to preserve 6-3 win, our hearts drop when flag is thrown for offside call. Gabbert does QB sneak for winning TD with no time left on the clock...

Hawks open with a Power-T look, Coker, Paki and Morse, but Stanzi goes 68 yards on naked bootleg for our only score of the game. We, of course, miss PAT, so when we block late-game FG to preserve 6-3 win, our hearts drop when flag is thrown for offside call. Gabbert does QB sneak for winning TD with no time left on the clock...

While certainly plausible, I hope you are wrong...that would cover the spread ;)

Besides, I will be tailgating with The Donz in just over 3 hours, which of course means Qbert will have emerged by the 4th qtr. He won't be able to understand the drama of that described ending.

1. Sandeman's fair catches will outnumber his punt return yards

2. McNutt will have 2 TD receptions, setting the tone for his 2011 season in which he sets Iowa records for receiving yards and TDs in a single season

3. Sash will play his last game as a Hawkeye

4. DJK & Robinson will be mentioned 25 times during the course of the game

1. Several RS frosh are arrested when they cannot prove their American Citizenship in the Phoenix area due to Chick telling them to not to bring any cash when going out (no temptation to partake in the DJK/ARob activities)

2. Followed by half of HN posters calling for Kirk to be fired because it's his responsibility to prove citizenship

I have thought all month that the Hawks could lose by a healthy margin but I am starting to turn that a bit. Maybe its the Beefeaters talking......

I think its more about the line and less about the runner--Coker goes for 142 and two TDs. He also has a couple grabs for 16 yards.

Big kicks by RDon flips the field a couple times and the D has strong all game. I think the D allows a lot of underneath stuff and holds the Tigers to 250 yards or less passing.

Iowa 24 Missouri 17

Last edited:
* Kok last games as Iowa's OC.
* Mizzou has six sacks.
* Coker Looks great at times.
* Stanzi gets hurt and can't finish game.

In a tight game, trailing late, the Hawkeyes are pinned back in their own territory and line up for the punt on 4th down. Donahue pulls off the fake and runs for a first down as Missouri is lined up to return the punt. Iowa continues the length of the field drive and caps it with a TD and extra point to take the lead 19-16 all the while managing the clock in the final two minutes of the game to leave the Tigers with no time left on the clock with which to mount a comeback. HAWKS WIN

Latest posts