Your Favorite Hawkeye FB game replay of All time???

I watched Drew Tate thread the Buckeyes on youtube last night. I forgot how hilarious Matt Roth was...That defense was nasty. Shut out Ohio State until they gave up a TD in garbage time.

the game replay that I would most LIKE to see is from 1981. We had just endured the longest non winning season drought in NCAA history, and had our hopes pinned on 3rd year coach Hayden Fry. the year before we had been destroyed by Nebraska 57-0. Nebraska was the opening game of 1981. while we were desperately hopeful, no one gave us any real chance to win that game. at the time, I was a kid working the counter of a Happy Joes Pizza Parlor. We had the game playing on a radio in the kitchen. In the 4th quarter, nursing a 10-7 lead, everything stopped. Guests and employees stood glued to every word of the play by play. When we won, I'm not ashamed to say some tears were shed. It was at that time we knew some great days were ahead.

2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State -
2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State - 2007 Michigan State -

100957-Groundhog-Day-BING-gif-Ned-Rye-wN6x.gif

Long time no post. But it's gotta be 2005 Cap One. Most amazing emotional shift to experience in sports for me yet.

A few that I liked that haven't been mentioned:

1. Iowa's rightful 55-0 blowout at Kinnick North's farewell game in 2008
2. Stanzi's Jekyll & Hyde game against Indiana in 2009; Iowa's rally from 7-21 is started by Sash's incredible four-bounce pick six in the 42-24 win
3. Vandenberg leads Iowa back from 3-24 to beat Pitt 31-27 in 2011

Last edited:
Forgot how painful that 1981 offense could be to watch. And also forgot about Lonnie O being the PAT/short-FG PK until be broke his leg in the UCLA game. I'd say Tom Nichol did just fine. And Roby single-handedly (almost) won the second half of that Wisconsin game.

Great time to be in college at Iowa City - Nebraska & 2 weeks later UCLA - 19 yrs of not winning flushed and 'REG-GIE, REG-GIE' chants were awesome!!

The echo of that game may be mine... The 2009 PSU game was the game where I realized that the Hawks were going to have an amazing season. We had about 15 people over for a BBQ and I remember at half time some of our guests were saying it didn't look good for the Hawks. My wife's boss and I looked at each other and turned to gaggle of people on the couch and said in unison "What are you talking about? We have 'em right where we want 'em". We tag teamed and went on to say to them that after the TD on the opening play the Lions had only been able to muster a field goal the rest of the half. There was a lot of talk about "defense wins championships" and how great the D line was playing etc... Our house went ballistic when Clayborn returned the blocked punt for a TD and the lead. PSU was a huge favorite and the Hawks just went to work and won. I will never forget that game.

I was there in the Iowa section. People were literally jumping all over each other. The guy in front of me barfed, during the celebration, all over the people in front of them and then they hugged, LOL

Latest posts