Your Bold Predictions for 2022

NCHawker

In this thread we'll post our game by game predictions, W/L records and or personnel / story line predictions.

Iowa will finish 8-4. Losses OSU, UM, Nebraska and Wisconsin

The offense will be improved. (honestly could it get worse?). Better run blocking and pass blocking, QBs should improve anyway

Leshon Williams will pass Gavin. Gavin is very decisive and runs with power but he misses opportunites to make cuts. We'll be pleased

Defense will be better but they'll play against better offenses, so at year end stats will be skewed. The DLine will dominate most opponents.

anyone want to name somebody who will come out of nowhere?

In this thread we'll post our game by game predictions, W/L records and or personnel / story line predictions.

The offense will be improved. (honestly could it get worse?). Better run blocking and pass blocking, QBs should improve anyway

Leshon Williams will pass Gavin. Gavin is very decisive and runs with power but he misses opportunites to make cuts. We'll be pleased

Defense will be better but they'll play against better offenses, so at year end stats will be skewed. The DLine will dominate most opponents.

8-4, OSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin. Quick Lane Bowl.

Last edited:

I see 8-4 with the low water mark. Losses to OSU, Purdue, Nebby, and Wisky. Turn out even an average offense with the normally great D and 10 regular season wins is possible.

Cooper Dejean will be everything Charlie Jones was and more, just on special teams.

11-1 with the loss at tOSU. In the title game, PP outcoaches the world and our stellar defense shuts down tOSU while Tory Taylor wins the MVP of the title game, pinning tOSU inside their own 5, 6 times.

Iowa goes to the playoffs after a 14-10 title game victory.

The defense gives Alabama fits and only the shtty Iowa offense keeps us from winning and we lose 17-0.

Loss to OSU, win against Michigan, win 1 or 2 of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue. I see Minnesota as the most likely win of the latter three, but I also don't think any of them will field their best teams of the last half dozen years. They are all beatable. Drop one that we shouldn't beyond these, most likely. 8-4 or 9-3 with the potential of overachieving and hitting 10 wins if both the run game is strong and Petras can be an average QB.

4-5 in B10
Losses to MI / OSU / PU / WI / MN or NE

Schedule proves to have a much higher degree of difficulty.
Offense remains in bottom quartile.
Defense does not repeat last years turnover success.
KF retires.
BF is promoted to HC.

Last edited:
4-5 in B10
Losses to MI / OSU / PU / WI / MN

Schedule with higher degree of difficulty.
Offense remains in bottom quartile.
Defense does not repeat last years turnover success.
KF retires.
BF is promoted to HC.
No way those last two happen with a losing B1G record this year. If they have a 02/04/09/15 type season with a passable offense I can see both. It's going to take more than ten wins (including the bowl game) unless the offense implodes, and with such a low bar I can't even imagine what that means.

No way those last two happen with a losing B1G record this year. If they have a 02/04/09/15 type season with a passable offense I can see both. It's going to take more than ten wins (including the bowl game) unless the offense implodes, and with such a low bar I can't even imagine what that means.
I revised my post to a loss to MN or NE at year end.
Dont see us winning or losing both.

Last edited:
I suck at these, I am pretty sure my previous predictions have been atrocious. So if nothing else, I am due...

3 RBs with at least 500 yards (Williams x 2 + Johnson).

No WRs with 500 yards.

We don't miss a beat on special teams and finish with the #1 unit in the country, thanks largely to smothering coverage units and a return game that produces at least 1 TD.

9-3

Offense looks significantly better than last year, Petras completes 60%. But we have a worse record @ 9-3 or 8-4. Tough schedule. Losses to Michigan, @ tOSU and @ Minnesota and one surprise. We finally get a piece of Purdue this year. Our D will be pissed.

The Williams boys rush for 1100 yards combined and Johnson/Patterson end up with 3 TDs between them. Lots of passes out of the backfield and fresh bodies at RB.

Latest posts