Your biggest concern for this team (Rank em)

1. O-line
2. Kickers
3. Schedule Strength
4. Expectations

The O-line because unless they establish themselves every game will be tough.
Kickers because one bad game could cost us a game and they are inconsistent.
Strength of schedule because we are going to play some solid teams that we will need a solid game to win them.
Early expectations scare me to death.

1. Offensive Playcalling/ Gameplanning- which happens to coincide with the Oline play. I think the raw ability is there for the line to perform well. What I worry about is KOK not giving the skill players the ability to be as special as I think they can be. However I think the last two seasons he has done a pretty good job. I think it should be easier for a young line to run block. That was my biggest problem with the playcalling of the 2007 season. It was pretty pass happy even when the Hawks had two senior running backs to lean on. I also worry about 3rd down and situational playcalls. I will say that the playclock issue has seemed to have mostly vanished.

2. Field Goals- I think this will be ironed out early in the season. I expect Mossbrucker to win the job and hold on to it. He should have a stronger leg after his red-shirt and seems to be the more accurate of the two.

Biggest concern is the O-Line. After that I'm pretty well satisfied. I'm one of what seems like the VERY few who doesn't have a beef with KOK's playcalling, so that's not a concern. I don't consider the "How to Divide Carries Between 3 Backs Game" a concern, on the contrary, it's a positive. The linebackers should be fine. Tarp is said to be the best coverage guy of the group, and Nielson is an Edds clone. The Bernstine/Hyde battle ends with us as the winner either way. Hyde is VERY good, and if Bernstine beats him then he's in very good shape.

So the O-Line is it for me. The other stuff I'm not too worried about.

1) Uniforms look too much like the Steelers
2) Not enough respect in preseason polls
3) Kinnick stadium isnt big enough

The linebackers to me are our biggest concern, not so much their tackling but their coverage on passing plays. We lost a lot of int's with Edds and Angerer graduating.

1. KOK Squandering the talent around him with predictable and conservative play calling
2. KOK Not Willing to put the pedal to the metal when he has teams on the brink
3. The defense getting too much rest as they wait for the opposing QB's to be carted off the field
4. Minnesota cheerleaders stalking Adrian Clayborn
5. The SEC and their incredible speed intimidating us in the National Championship game. The rumor is the Captain is testing special goggles to allow us to see the mother($&#(&%s.

If you believe (as most of us do) that we have a phenomenal defense, then KOK's play calling should be of little concern. Be conservative, punt the football. If our O-Line is shaky, aggressive play calling in obvious situations could lead to very bad outcomes. So long as opposing offenses have to routinely drive 80 yards, I think we'll be in good shape.

1. FG/EX PT kicking accuracy & consistency
2. O-line gelling
3. injuries
4. special teams' tackling

Not worried about:
1. KOK play-calling
2. D-line
3. Rick Stanzi
4. Donahue or our RB's
5. safeties

1. O-Line
2. Linebacking corps.
3. O-Line
4. Playing at the level of competition
5. O-Line
6. Friggin' Northwestern
7. O-Line
8. Murderous home schedule
9. O-Line
10. With the pre-season expectations, the very large target now painted on the Hawks.
11. Did I mention O-Line?

Thank you. Our Northwestern troubles are really starting to p*** me off.

But the question remains, Chadfrey, how do you feel about our offensive line???

1. KOK Squandering the talent around him with predictable and conservative play calling
2. KOK Not Willing to put the pedal to the metal when he has teams on the brink
3. The defense getting too much rest as they wait for the opposing QB's to be carted off the field
4. Minnesota cheerleaders stalking Adrian Clayborn
5. The SEC and their incredible speed intimidating us in the National Championship game. The rumor is the Captain is testing special goggles to allow us to see the mother($&#(&%s.

Bravo

Latest posts