Young Defense????

WindyCityHawkI

I keep hearing that we have a very young defense that is going to make mistakes and learn and get better. I just looked at the latest 2 deeps released, and I see 10 of the 11 starters on D are Jr's or Sr's. Add this with the fact we lose Davis, our only legit WR next year, and will have a new QB who we apparently don't trust enough for mop up duty down 30, how is this ship heading in the right direction? If I am not mistaken, we also add OSU and WISC to the schedule and lose Indiana and Penn St, who is going to be hurting in the future, regardless of how bad they whipped us on Saturday.

Preach on, but I would lean that our D line as inexperienced more than young...the key cogs for the future of IA football are young, but are receiving playing time unlike other very important pieces that can't see the field down 31 points at home against the 2nd string defense?

Ahh yee must you have "Faith" and Jaleel to save in between the tackles... Louis and brothers looking good and overall D-line developing.

Linebacking is totally stacked and packed for next year.. there after a re-load.

DBs and Safetys looking good ... Miller, Law, Lowery, 2 or 3 true freshman, that injured soph, and someone else who come out of nowhere.

Defense looking to be great next year.

I think they will be serviceable but not great. When Iowa has had great defenses they had difference makers like Bob Sanders Matt Roth Adrian Clayborn Pat Angerer Chad Greeway I don't see any players like that on this team. I see role players.

Just because they are Juniors and Seniors does not mean they are experienced. Go back and look at how many collective starts they have compared to top defenses in the country.

Ahh yee must you have "Faith" and Jaleel to save in between the tackles... Louis and brothers looking good and overall D-line developing.

Linebacking is totally stacked and packed for next year.. there after a re-load.

DBs and Safetys looking good ... Miller, Law, Lowery, 2 or 3 true freshman, that injured soph, and someone else who come out of nowhere.

Defense looking to be great next year.

I appreciate this take. Our linebackers will be very good next season, and we definitely have a lot of good, young talent on the d-line and in the secondary. Multiple 4* recruits on the line and in the secondary that will be seeing a lot of time next season. It's the offense I'm worried about, but if the rumors about Sokol are true then it might not be too bad since we return every running back that matters.

Latest posts