You ever wonder how Kansas gets the top basketball players?

Wasn't it just a couple years ago that they had a show or a segment on the special dorm that the basketball team lives in and all the amenities?

Plus these coaches (K and Self) have been coaching the elite USA team for years. There's no way it's not a HUGE advantage in recruiting for these coaches to coach and spend time with the top recruits. There's no way that NCAA basketball coaches should be involved with team USA in my opinion.

I hate to see it tarnish the game of college basketball and maybe this is opitmistic thinking but perhaps the NCAA will find a way to level the playing field. If they hit Kansas harder than anyone before, will they send a message? And will the message prevent it in the future? Again, I'm doubtful but it would only likely help Iowa if it were to actually happen.

Wasn't it just a couple years ago that they had a show or a segment on the special dorm that the basketball team lives in and all the amenities?

I'm ok with this this, assuming they are not getting paid. I think college players should get pampered when they are being asked to play for nothing but a scholarship while their school, conference, and the NCAA

Plus these coaches (K and Self) have been coaching the elite USA team for years. There's no way it's not a HUGE advantage in recruiting for these coaches to coach and spend time with the top recruits. There's no way that NCAA basketball coaches should be involved with team USA in my opinion.

I hate to see it tarnish the game of college basketball and maybe this is opitmistic thinking but perhaps the NCAA will find a way to level the playing field. If they hit Kansas harder than anyone before, will they send a message? And will the message prevent it in the future? Again, I'm doubtful but it would only likely help Iowa if it were to actually happen.

I couldn't agree more!

I am a bitter bitter Iowa fan, but I hope whatever happens with this, KS is ineligible for post season play THIS season. I am not ashamed of it either, I want nothing more than this to work out horribly for IM.

Nothing will happen. The NCAA is a paper tiger and the FBI has bigger fish to fry. Kansas, Kentucky, N Carolina, Louisville and the rest of the blatant cheaters will continue business as usual. They and their fans will claim to be the real victims while they laugh at programs like ours who do things right. :mad:

So...I wonder how much Moss's family got for him to transfer to those cheaters. I'm telling you...every one of these hall of fame coaches are dirty. Williams at NC, Coach K at Duke, Pitino at Louisville, Miller at Arizona. It's disgusting.

The only way to stop it is to take schollies away...and I mean take them all. Let's see how many top recruits they get with no schollies to give. No NCAA tournament for 3 years. It's cheating...and they are caught. Punish them...and do it so it doesn't happen again...you have to make a statement or it's just a slap on the wrist and nothing changes.

Caveat... I imagine nothing will happen.

Also a caveat: I am petty and don't want IM to enjoy, have success or play in the NCAA tournament while attending KS.

It has become the automatic reaction of the public to discount anything happening to the big boys and rightfully so given how many times they have broken the rules and gotten away with it because the NCAA was helpless to do anything about it (for various reasons). But when you have the FBI investigating violations of federal racketeering laws and big name athletic programs are connected through Adidas (including concrete evidence the head coach knew or was involved and approved) the NCAA will be under IMMENSE pressure to come down hard. They need a big fish to fry to salvage any credibility they have left and in Kansas and Bill Self they have a freaking Shark on their hook and it isn't any guarantee they are going to let this one go given the position they are in. I guess it could go either way but it is not a foregone conclusion Self and Kansas get off scott free like in the past with other big names and programs.

I am a bitter bitter Iowa fan, but I hope whatever happens with this, KS is ineligible for post season play THIS season. I am not ashamed of it either, I want nothing more than this to work out horribly for IM.

I'm over it. I don't have any ill will towards IM. Plus, I never thought he was that great anyway. A good but not great player and not irreplaceable.

I'm over it. I don't have any ill will towards IM. Plus, I never thought he was that great anyway. A good but not great player and not irreplaceable.

Oh I am over it.....and I wish him no ill will. I just also wish him no success either.... I want KS to fail and IMO, IM was a good, not great player. But, Fran downloaded a lot of hours, resources, love and effort into making IM a successful basketball player at Iowa. He's done that with a lot of unheralded recruits and typically their senior season is where all the pay off is. IM took a shit on it. Over his role and playing time? Which only increased every season? He was a huge part of our team, what more could Iowa have done? Play him in 2nd halves? That was his consistency which was obvious to everyone watching. In my view, Iowa did nothing but cater to the kid to get him involved in the program for those 4 years and IMO, I feel like he basically STOLE all of that and just washed his hands of it. No pay out. Nothing in return. IMO, that pisses me off.

ok... i'm not over it.

Oh I am over it.....and I wish him no ill will. I just also wish him no success either.... I want KS to fail and IMO, IM was a good, not great player. But, Fran downloaded a lot of hours, resources, love and effort into making IM a successful basketball player at Iowa. He's done that with a lot of unheralded recruits and typically their senior season is where all the pay off is. IM took a shit on it. Over his role and playing time? Which only increased every season? He was a huge part of our team, what more could Iowa have done? Play him in 2nd halves? That was his consistency which was obvious to everyone watching. In my view, Iowa did nothing but cater to the kid to get him involved in the program for those 4 years and IMO, I feel like he basically STOLE all of that and just washed his hands of it. No pay out. Nothing in return. IMO, that pisses me off.

ok... i'm not over it.

I can't imagine Arkansas fans are very happy with Moss either. Will he even start at Kansas?

The NCAA needs Kansas...

And just how exactly would it help Iowa if tradition rich Kansas, with multiple national titles, droves of Nba players and a program that recruits players and coaches from coast to coast, plays a top 10 schedule annually, and unlike us, has boosters, administration and a fan base with national title expectations annually and holds their coaches accountable...were to be placed on ncaa probation or no tournament for a year? All of a sudden, top 10 recruits from California, NY and Texas are going to flood into Iowa City? Lol. Sometimes I really wonder if you guys really watch what is happening in the rest of the world. We simply don’t swim in the same pool as Kansas and really aren’t even trying to. Same goes for football and it’s even worse over there with the pretending.

And just how exactly would it help Iowa if tradition rich Kansas, with multiple national titles, droves of Nba players and a program that recruits players and coaches from coast to coast, plays a top 10 schedule annually, and unlike us, has boosters, administration and a fan base with national title expectations annually and holds their coaches accountable...were to be placed on ncaa probation or no tournament for a year? All of a sudden, top 10 recruits from California, NY and Texas are going to flood into Iowa City? Lol. Sometimes I really wonder if you guys really watch what is happening in the rest of the world. We simply don’t swim in the same pool as Kansas and really aren’t even trying to. Same goes for football and it’s even worse over there with the pretending.
Do YOU watch what is happening in the rest of the world?

Do you even remember what the original point of this thread was?

Name one blue blood basketball program, ONE, that doesn't bend the rules, much of it with those exhalted boosters you mention, or shoehorn players with questionable academic qualifications into their hallowed shrines, and take good care of them to make sure they stay eligible (if they even attend class at all). Go ahead, name one. And Wisconsin doesn't count as a blue blood. They had a once in a lifetime coach and will never reach back to back final fours again.

Name ONE blue blood coach who's hands aren't deep into the pockets of shoe moguls, AAU dudes, agents, on and on and on and on.

Your biggest complaint is that Iowa won't change its stripes and become a renegade program. Your second biggest complaint is that Iowa can no longer go into NYC and get the Connie Hawkins of the world or Milwaukee to get the John Johnsons and Fred Browns of the world or Chicago to get the Ronnie Lester's of the world. Again open your eyes-this isn't the 1960's or 1970's anymore. It isn't even the eighties anymore and if you think Raveling didn't get a little...ummm...assistance in getting Horton and Gamble out of Illinois and Marble and Armstrong out of Michigan then you haven't been paying attention.

If that's the type of program you want Iowa to be, then that's your right as a fan. Just prepare to be disappointed. You would be better off becoming a fan of a blue blood team. BTW, Iowa has defeated Kansas the last three times they played them and is one of the few, if not only, non conference team to go into the Dean Dome and win twice.

We can demand better when it comes to our coach. I will agree with that. I would love to see a hot Chris Beard type up and comer coach at Iowa. Just don't expect a coach like that to stay very long.

Last edited:

Latest posts