Yo! Stop the Michigan comparison talk.

Floridahawkeye1

MI whipped NU, yep. MI looking good this year, yep. Got it. NU had a rough outing, so look out Hawks. The Wildcats will feel a " little " embarrassed about that game, and Fitz will have his boys "pumped" - to erase their embarrassment by defeating the Hawkeyes. Yep. We get it. So! For all the observers, be prepared to see a battle royal on the field Saturday. Two good coaches will have their battle plans in place and hope their players execute them to perfection. Both teams' defenses are respected and eager to prove their superiority over the offenses. Each team has key men missing the game due to injuries etc. 6 and 0 Iowa vs. 5 and 1 Northwestern. NU tacklers are good at stuffing runs while ripping at the ball carrier to create fumbles. Akrum Wadley, be aware if you are in the action. JC has dropped the ball as well, so hold tight Jordan! Special teams for Iowa - be alert! This is a huge opportunity for NU to erase the beating that they endured in A Arbor. IA ranked. IA unbeaten. IA being IA. We all know the history in these matchups, so I expect as tough of a game as we had in Camp Randall in Madison. Win or lose, there are more games after the bye week for us to enjoy. But first, P Fitzgerald and his "hungry for redemption" Wildcats. No matter the outcome, we got your backs. Go Hawks!

Sorry, last two comparisons I'll make (unless I think of more)--Iowa and Michigan both play NW and both want better quarterbacks than Jake Ruddock.

Did you know that Iowa's enrollment (2014) was 31,387 and Michigan's enrollment is 43,625 (2014)?

Last edited:
Did you know both schools have an animal as mascot? Er, that's really not true, Iowa has a hawk on it's helmet and has Herky but...When Illinois plays Iowa, there's more a similarity of mascots... Who really cares?

While Drew Ott stands on Iowa's sidelines being held up by those crutches, I think he should be wearing a mohawk hairstyle. Then he'd really fit in with the mascot of Iowa football. And it would go nicely with his beard and give him something else to do.

How about this: put a decal of a mowhawk on the helmet or put little mowhawk helmet stickers on the Iowa player's helmet to commemorate great plays?

Last edited:
Sorry, last two comparisons I'll make (unless I think of more)--Iowa and Michigan both play NW and both want better quarterbacks than Jake Ruddock.

Really? They want better than 5-1 and nearly top 10 ranking? I mean, sure you can always do better... but c'mon man, let the Rudock crap go.

And...
Did you know both teams have gold as one of their team colors?

And on a more serious note: There is a comparison that matters. Michigan won against NW on the ground against them (using former IA commit Karan Higdon along with the rest of the RBs) and hit their TEs using Iowa's former QB. I'd say that's a comparison that matters.

Really? They want better than 5-1 and nearly top 10 ranking? I mean, sure you can always do better... but c'mon man, let the Rudock crap go.

And...
Did you know both teams have gold as one of their team colors?

And on a more serious note: There is a comparison that matters. Michigan won against NW on the ground against them (using former IA commit Karan Higdon along with the rest of the RBs) and hit their TEs using Iowa's former QB. I'd say that's a comparison that matters.
BZZZT!! WRONG!! IT'S MAIZE!!

Did you know that Mary Sue Coleman, current College President of Michigan, was the Iowa College President from 1995 to 2002? Did you also know....unrelated.....Brooke Shields once farted on the set of The Blue Lagoon?

latest

Latest posts