Yelverton - Under Armour All American

Theo Johnson will most likely not coming to Iowa. BF wanted him to commit in the summer and it put the kid off. But that’s ok, there will be plenty more high quality TE recruits in future upcoming classes. Wouldn’t want to miss out on other potentially excellent TE’s if they think the position group is too full and would never see playing time.

Didn't you ever see Kentucky Fried Movie? It's not "Story at 10".... it's "Film at 11"!

h9jlqJ5.gif

This Lachey dude is 6' 6" or 6' 7" (depending upon which site you look at), yet athletic enough that he took a lot of snaps in the backfield and as Wildcat QB. He also had 5 ints as a defensive back.

The TE room is going to be interesting next year.

This Lachey dude is 6' 6" or 6' 7" (depending upon which site you look at), yet athletic enough that he took a lot of snaps in the backfield and as Wildcat QB. He also had 5 ints as a defensive back.

The TE room is going to be interesting next year.

I anticipate one if not more moving to Oline or Dline

I wonder who would be the most-likely candidates? I don't see any of these guys being OL types, they are all athletic pass catchers in HS. Yelverton is probably the biggest of the bunch in HS, Rivals lists him as 235 lbs.

I could potentially see someone switching to DE if they are twitchy enough. Lachey is a pretty good Anthony Nelson starter kit.

I wonder who would be the most-likely candidates? I don't see any of these guys being OL types, they are all athletic pass catchers in HS. Yelverton is probably the biggest of the bunch in HS, Rivals lists him as 235 lbs.

I could potentially see someone switching to DE if they are twitchy enough. Lachey is a pretty good Anthony Nelson starter kit.
These dudes are both playing TE at Iowa. Logan Lee made sense because he lacked a little speed and would have been good at almost any position. These kids are both made to be TEs.

Iowa employs plenty of 2 and 3 TE sets. Weiting graduates and Beyer will be a senior. They’ll have plenty of opportunity in front of them. Miamen we haven’t heard much from yet, it’s possible he emerges, but it’s also possible these two are already better than him.

These dudes are both playing TE at Iowa. Logan Lee made sense because he lacked a little speed and would have been good at almost any position. These kids are both made to be TEs.

Iowa employs plenty of 2 and 3 TE sets. Weiting graduates and Beyer will be a senior. They’ll have plenty of opportunity in front of them. Miamen we haven’t heard much from yet, it’s possible he emerges, but it’s also possible these two are already better than him.

That is what I would guess, as well. I think Theo Johnson would be a 1st round DE is he wanted to go that route (he is already 6'6", 245 lbs, with off-the-charts combine numbers). If he wants to play TE, he would basically start college at the same size and speed that Fant left college. Yikes. I doubt Iowa has a chance at that guy.