Year End Ranking

HawkeyeMHA

How far do we fall in the end of year rankings? Will we end in the top ten or no? When does it become final?

Last edited:
1. Clem/Bama
2. Clem/Bama
3. Ohio St
4. Stanford
5. Oklahoma
6. Mich St
7. Houston
8. Ole Miss
9. TCU
10. Notre Dame
11. Mich
12. Iowa

Probably 10-12. I can't see any lower than 12.

You think Houston will jump that high? Currently 18. It's going to be a tight squeeze for us to stay in top ten. Hopefully we could stay above Houston or Michigan, maybe even notre dame to stay in top ten.

Last edited:
1. Clem/Bama
2. Clem/Bama
3. Ohio St
4. Stanford
5. Oklahoma
6. Mich St
7. Houston
8. Ole Miss
9. TCU
10. Notre Dame
11. Mich
12. Iowa

Probably 10-12. I can't see any lower than 12.

Dropping to #12 would be drastic. Six spots lower than Michigan State?

You think Houston will jump that high? Currently 18. It's going to be a tight squeeze for us to stay in top ten. Hopefully we could stay above Houston or Michigan, maybe even notre dame to stay in top ten.

Well, 4 reasons I put Houston that high.

1. There are no more CFP polls from the committee. So I assume we are talking about the final AP and coaches polls. Both had Houston higher than CFP rankings. Houston is #14 in AP pre-bowl poll.

2. Houston beat FSU, which was #9 in pre-bowl poll.

3. Memphis beat Ole Miss. Houston beat Memphis. houston should be higher than Ole Miss, which has 3 losses.

4. Lots of teams lost in front of Houston in the rankings. This should help Iowa too.

As for Notre Dame, ND had 2 close losses to Clem and Stanford and was blown out by OSU. Whereas Iowa has 1 close loss and 1 blowout loss.

Maybe you are right. Maybe Iowa should be above ND.

Mich could go either way too. Mich has 1 more loss but finished with big bowl win.

Put me down for #8, and it would make me chuckle if it happened bringing back memories of the 2002 season.

If we end up #8, I think that would be five, #8 finishes for Kf. Too weird

After a couple days reflection, i don't think we finish top ten though. I'd say top 15.

Note: I've seen some say we finished seven one of those years, but I thought it was #8 2002-2005 & 2009.

If we end up #8, I think that would be five, #8 finishes for Kf. Too weird

After a couple days reflection, i don't think we finish top ten though. I'd say top 15.

Note: I've seen some say we finished seven one of those years, but I thought it was #8 2002-2005 & 2009.

AP #8 in 2002,2003, 2004

AP #7 in 2009

Don't know don't really care at this point. Have another double-digit win season next fall and the question may have a little more meaning.

i'm guessing #8, #9 or #10 - can't see too many below us moving up much. Maybe TCU, Michigan or Houston, everybody else lost. Another #8 would be great!!

I think we stay top ten. Hard not to pair us one spot behind MSU. ND, Houston, Ole Miss, Michigan 9-12...which leaves us our comfy #8!

Waiting over a week since the bowl game for the final rankings to close the door on the season. This waiting game sucks. Thanks a lot College Football Playoffs?

Probably 10. When the dust settles and the entire season is looked at instead of the single debacle in the Rose Bowl, I think the hawks stay in the top 10

Latest posts