X's and O's Anyone?

Seeing how we haven't really had a true 1 technique DT in forever, do they go 2 technique with both DTs? I know we run a lot of stunts and slants and in the past moved Mitch King all over and had him blast by people on a slant, but what have we been running lately on the DL?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I seemed to remember quite a few times where one of the MK's would switch from a 3 to a 2i right before the snap...the other MK was already lined up in a 2i technique. That helped put them in better proximity for some of those stunts they ran together...

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I seemed to remember quite a few times where one of the MK's would switch from a 3 to a 2i right before the snap...the other MK was already lined up in a 2i technique. That helped put them in better proximity for some of those stunts they ran together...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Kinda what the Colts do in the NFL by relying on quicker DTs to pull off that stuff with only minor adjustments. Any memories if anyone has recently lined up at a 1? I can't recall.

I love talking this stuff, keeps me fresh. Have toyed with the idea of a little coaching on the side, position stuff on the D. Anyone out there currently coaching? Tips? I really enjoy the rehab side of athletics (my job) and doing mock drills with my athletes.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Kinda what the Colts do in the NFL by relying on quicker DTs to pull off that stuff with only minor adjustments. Any memories if anyone has recently lined up at a 1? I can't recall.

I love talking this stuff, keeps me fresh. Have toyed with the idea of a little coaching on the side, position stuff on the D. Anyone out there currently coaching? Tips? I really enjoy the rehab side of athletics (my job) and doing mock drills with my athletes.

Telling a 2i from a 1 would be difficult from where I sit (my living room), so I'd be speculating there!

I've done some coaching before, but more at the youth level (4th - 7th grade). If you've got a zest and knowledge for the game and a job that will enable you to get to high school practices, I'd inquire with local high school(s) to see if they have any openings for unpaid volunteers. Most schools have only a select number of slots for paid positions, but will usually take all the help they can get.

Latest posts