Xavier officiating was bad but Hawk's play was equally as bad

STILLBUSTER

Yes, it was a very poorly officiated game that was allowed to become way too physical. I'll even concede at the Hawks' expense, for the most part. The horrific shooting (field and line), lackadaisical effort in the first 25 minutes and shades of previous seasons -- where the team bought a ticket to the Roy D Marble show -- was the bigger culprit in this game.

Fortunately, they found a way to gut-check through themselves, so, maybe that's a sign of another step forward. Just think, if they merely play their average game and some basic competence for the whole game, they win by 15.

I see them cruising, tomorrow. They even get a chance to rest Dev's crampy calves. They'll need all 10 cylinders for Sunday's matchup!

Go Hawks!!

I'm just impressed that they were able to dig deep and get it done. I love how they kept fighting without Marble for the end of regulation an OT. Can't believe Gabe down the stretch!

There has to be 'someone' other than Marble. Very disappointed with Gesell, Woodbury, White, Utoff.... and pretty much everyone except McCabe

Gesell was huge down the stretch and White made some big plays too. I think they came out nervous tonight but finally settled down in the 2nd half. Hopefully they're ready to go tomorrow.

Did not watch the game. What happened to Dev?

Cramped up.

He was cramping a lot in the second half and needed to keep going out for icing and massage but he went down on a drive through the lane when I thought there was contact with Stainbrook. Not foul necessarily (and certainly not the way this game was called) but it would not surprise me if there was a muscle pull combined with the cramps. Hope it's just that, that they can get his fluids up and chemistry balanced, and that he can play tomorrow night.

Look I'll agree the officiating was suspect at times but hard to argue it was against us when we were in the double bonus prior to Xavier was in the bonus both halves.

It was a poorly officiated game on both sides. Just when I was ready to complain about the officiating they would make a bad call against Xavier to calm me down. I hope we have different officials tomorrow.

Look I'll agree the officiating was suspect at times but hard to argue it was against us when we were in the double bonus prior to Xavier was in the bonus both halves.

If they had called it right the entire Xavier team would have fouled out. White was fortunate he did get seriously injured when he was fouled on the slam dunk attempt. The no call on McCabe getting severely under cut. He was totally forced onto the other players back and lifted off the ground. It showed the official standing right there watching it. Then the play was reviewed and all the officials watched it. I wonder how they could not help but ask their fellow ref how much he had riding on this game???

Oh and then there was Woody's fifth foul where their center clearly pushed off Woody with an elbow as he drove to the basket. A similar but less aggressive foul was called against Woody earlier in the game. Most of the poor officiating came from the one ref that stood right there and watched McCabe get under cut. At one point Fran was so angry he went over to one of his assistance and had his assistant hold him to prevent him from yelling at the official. He was bent over in his assistants arms and you could tell he was screaming.

We played well down the stretch, but is scares me because I don't think we would of won that game is Criston played more in the second half.

We played well down the stretch, but is scares me because I don't think we would of won that game is Criston played more in the second half.

This is a legitimate point. We have a key player out too though, who is a good defender and hopefully will be one of our better three point shooters when he comes back.

This is a legitimate point. We have a key player out too though, who is a good defender and hopefully will be one of our better three point shooters when he comes back.

We did but he wasn't out as much. He would come in for a few minutes at a time, and made some huge baskets. I mean after all he had 30 pts. Think what he would have if he didn't have cramps.

Semaj didn't get to the lane as much as he normally does but he played fairly well.

We did but he wasn't out as much. He would come in for a few minutes at a time, and made some huge baskets. I mean after all he had 30 pts. Think what he would have if he didn't have cramps.

Semaj didn't get to the lane as much as he normally does but he played fairly well.

Lol. I think he was referring to Ogelsby being out.

Latest posts