WTF??????

Complain... Complain....

You don't risk a pass on 2nd and 1, but you do rely on a kicker to HAVE to run over 40 yards or time runs out without scoring at all??? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.......I've seen everything!!!! Wait, no I haven't.....there is still one half of Klunk Ferments ball left.....snort. BTW, there are three (3) things you NEVER do on 2nd and 1 or 3rd and 1.....run wide, run a slow developing delayed hand off, run your smallest back up the gut. Hey nail.....prepare to meet coffin.

I don't get it. People have constantly complained that Coach Ferentz doesn't ever think outside the box or take chances. No one seems to get the point of running the fake field goal each of the first two games at seemlingly inopportune times. EVERY OPPONENT of Iowa for the rest of the season is going to have spend two hours of game prep time working on defending the fake field goal. That is two hours they could have spent on blitz packages or Iowa's new trap block scheme in our running game.

I guess the obvious here is that Hawk fans complain about anything and everything.

Watching the game again and a couple things I noticed about that drive. It started with the King mishap on the sideline. If he doesn't touch the ball, Beathard probably scores on his long run. Also Canzeri dropped a pass that would have gone for about 30. Again, Beathard would have scored if Canzeri would have caught that pass. The announcer sounded like an idiot though. He couldn't understand why they were just letting the clock run down even though it was 4th down. At that point, what else are you supposed to do?

Man that announcer was dumb. He compains that we run it 2 times and don't get the 1st down, then he stresses "and now they run the clock down to 1 and ARE GOING TO KICK THE FIELD GOAL!" Why is it so crazy to attempt a field goal on 4th down?

Latest posts