WRs

Herk

People who follow recruiting and such, are there any solid WRs in the pipeline? By solid, read: big, fast, and can catch things with their hands

There's actually a forum specifically for that kind of question, but I can't remember what it's called.

Also, I'm pretty sure "fast" is not a recruiting priority.

Riley McCaron was quoted earlier in the week saying that Devonte Young is as far along as he has seen any freshman receiver since he's been in the program.

I'm no scouting expert but a couple videos of Beau Corrales have impressed me over these past few weeks. One of which he hurdles a receiver and another he is blocking and takes out a LB on a vicious hit.

People who follow recruiting and such, are there any solid WRs in the pipeline? By solid, read: big, fast, and can catch things with their hands

After last week, I'll settle for just... "can catch things with their hands"!

Riley McCaron was quoted earlier in the week saying that Devonte Young is as far along as he has seen any freshman receiver since he's been in the program.

I'm no scouting expert but a couple videos of Beau Corrales have impressed me over these past few weeks. One of which he hurdles a receiver and another he is blocking and takes out a LB on a vicious hit.

Wonder if that's in the back of his mind every time he loses a ball.

Are they redshirting this Young guy?

Other schools promise recruits playing time their first year. Iowa is in a great position to go out and do that. Find those super fast kids and promise them playing time. If they still don't come or they suck once their get here we still end up in the same spot we are in now so why not take the chance with recruiting.

Other schools promise recruits playing time their first year. Iowa is in a great position to go out and do that. Find those super fast kids and promise them playing time. If they still don't come or they suck once their get here we still end up in the same spot we are in now so why not take the chance with recruiting.
What schools 'promise' recruits playing time their first year? Sources please!

Iowa has a very solid group of WRs coming in that have the potential to contribute right away. The 2017 class is likely to have 4 WRs Oliver Martin, Brandon Smith, Galvin Holmes and Beau Corrales. In addition to that it is very probable that Matt Vandeberg can get a medical red shirt and return for 2017. This will be a fun group to watch.

Since recruiting the type of wr the op referred to doesn't seem to be a priority of this staff the forum you may be thinking of is the "Off Topic" forum.

Nice. One of Kirk's limitations... fear of an aggressive passing game. (risk is scary)

Latest posts