Wrestling Recruiting

Does anyone know who Iowa is looking at? Who should I be following during the state tournament?

They are not going to be signing very many guys this year so don't expect too much. That said, Tanner Hiatt in my mind will be the best college wrestler of all of the seniors this year in state and he has committed to Schwab up at UNI. One other guy I would keep an eye on is Brandon Abernathy from Indianola at 189.

There are definitely a LOT of juniors and underclassmen to keep an eye on for possible future Hawks though. Just a start to the list:

Cory Clark
Dylan Peters
Eric Devos
Topher Carton
Jack Hathaway
Justin Koethe
Logan Mulnix
Dakota Bauer
Kane Seeley

A couple of bit time Sophomores include Brandon Sorenson and Jake Marlin.

There will be some big targets from out of state next year too including guys like Thomas Gillman, Devin Peterson, and Gage Harrah.

John Meeks would be another big recruit in the junior class but I did leave him off on purpose as I don't think that there is much of any chance that he will be a Hawkeye.

I agree that there seems to be quite a few standout underclassmen. What is Weatherman of Ballard doing next year?

Just please tell me that Iowa will stay away....and I mean FAR away from Elijah Sullivan from Underwood/CB Lewis Central/Iowa City West! I have seen this kid wrestle since his days in little kid tournaments and AAU. I think he is a cocky punk, don't care for his on/off the mat demeanor, and do NOT want to see him ever in an Iowa singlet!!

Iowa isn't recruiting Sullivan

Saw him in an interview on KCRG last night, Iowa wasn't one of the schools he listed.

ISU, Northwestern and Columbia were some he mentioned.

Also, not so fast on the John Meeks front.

His dad recently stated that John is a big Hawkeye fan, and they have nothing against Iowa. Said the $ will play a big part in Johns decision.

I'm not sure how much $ Iowa will offer Meeks, hopefully enough.

Just please tell me that Iowa will stay away....and I mean FAR away from Elijah Sullivan from Underwood/CB Lewis Central/Iowa City West! I have seen this kid wrestle since his days in little kid tournaments and AAU. I think he is a cocky punk, don't care for his on/off the mat demeanor, and do NOT want to see him ever in an Iowa singlet!!

Couldn't agree more! We must have been at the same meets. Rubs you the wrong way big time.

Rinken just beat him in OT. Maybe he needs to 'transfer' again.

Couldn't agree more! We must have been at the same meets. Rubs you the wrong way big time.

Rinken just beat him in OT. Maybe he needs to 'transfer' again.

I saw that result also. I was clapping at home. Tough night for ICW with the big boys. Sullivan goes down, Britt (the transfer from Wyoming) gets beat, and Koethe injury defaults in the semis. Was looking at their finalist. Two of their finalist go against Cory Clark and John Meeks.....so hopefully, that will equal two loses for them!!

They are not going to be signing very many guys this year so don't expect too much. That said, Tanner Hiatt in my mind will be the best college wrestler of all of the seniors this year in state and he has committed to Schwab up at UNI. One other guy I would keep an eye on is Brandon Abernathy from Indianola at 189.

There are definitely a LOT of juniors and underclassmen to keep an eye on for possible future Hawks though. Just a start to the list:

Cory Clark
Dylan Peters
Eric Devos
Topher Carton
Jack Hathaway
Justin Koethe
Logan Mulnix
Dakota Bauer
Kane Seeley

A couple of bit time Sophomores include Brandon Sorenson and Jake Marlin.

There will be some big targets from out of state next year too including guys like Thomas Gillman, Devin Peterson, and Gage Harrah.

I'll add Ben Whitford (10) Bryce Brill (9) and Jered Cortez (9) from Marmion Academy in Aurora Illinois as well as Mark Hall (9) from Apple Valley as real deal guys to watch.

In state guys to keep an eye on talent wise:

Alijah Jeffery
Jake Koethe
Keegan Wakefield
Colton McCrystal
Bubba Hernandez
Zach Witte
Adam Drain
Willie Miklus
Jared Bartel

Latest posts