WR Frank Darby commits

Wow, another very good get. Offers from Pitt and Syracuse and is an east coast kid. Welcome aboard young man!

Quotes Rob Howe put out on twitter...

NJ WR Frank Darby: "When I went there, the new facility blew my mind. Everyone down there is friendly. The crime rate is very low..."

Frank Darby (con't): "I just felt like that was the place for me to go to. I like the coaching staff. Everybody is cool w/ each other..."

NJ WR Frank Darby: "I like to win. If we need to get a 1st down on 3rd and 18, throw me the ball deep. I'm going to catch it."

His highlights are pretty impressive. Looks like the fastest kind on the field agains all these teams.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2204488/highlights/218600378/v2

Whar the He only a 2* comments? This is been up for nearly an hour, whar the usual trolls........errrr usual suspects at??

You're trying way too hard, and you're on the losing end.

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2015/6/18/8802197/b1g-2015-iowa-starters-their-other-offers

BTW you do know that Pitt and Syracuse are not good at football, right?

After looking at those highlights it's easy to see why Iowa offered him back in April. I haven't seen an official 40 time but the dude looks to have some wheels and his high school team threw it to him deep and often. He did everything else too, horizontal passing, end arounds, kick returns. Tracks the deep ball very well. Plays with some swagger out there and seems like the kind of guy who's always looking to make a big play. I'd take him.

I know it is a highlight video, but I like how he approaches the catch. He is very good at going up for the ball and catching with his hands.

247 has him ranked as 17th in New Jersey which typically would be very good. Jersey has lots of FB talent. Kid looks fast and is a play maker.

He looks like a pretty polished looking receiver to me. Not a project like so many of them. Looks like he's had some good coaching or he's pretty natural. He's got the WR mentality of wanting the ball. I love that he seems to have taken everything into consideration when choosing. A lot of those east coasters like the change of scenery coming to the midwest. And would you imagine that? The new football building blew his mind like all the rest of them.
How does one try to explain the June Iowa has had in recruiting so far? Has any other school received this many this month? It'd be pretty nice to be about done about the time they kickoff the season. Granted there will almost always be a curveball thrown in there with a kid or two close to signing day. But could you imagine being ISU and having none right now? I doubt they'll get very many between now and kickoff. That'd be just brutal....

"The crime rate is very low..."...young man, please stay away from Vodka Sam and mopeds and you'll live the life of a king.....:p

Welcome aboard Frank Darby! Iowa recruiting is really rolling! So many good players coming in! The future of Iowa football looks strong!

Quotes Rob Howe put out on twitter...

NJ WR Frank Darby: "When I went there, the new facility blew my mind. Everyone down there is friendly. The crime rate is very low..."

Frank Darby (con't): "I just felt like that was the place for me to go to. I like the coaching staff. Everybody is cool w/ each other..."

NJ WR Frank Darby: "I like to win. If we need to get a 1st down on 3rd and 18, throw me the ball deep. I'm going to catch it."

Unfortunately, this is the case way too often but hopefully things are changing

He looks like a pretty polished looking receiver to me. Not a project like so many of them. Looks like he's had some good coaching or he's pretty natural. He's got the WR mentality of wanting the ball. I love that he seems to have taken everything into consideration when choosing. A lot of those east coasters like the change of scenery coming to the midwest. And would you imagine that? The new football building blew his mind like all the rest of them.
How does one try to explain the June Iowa has had in recruiting so far? Has any other school received this many this month? It'd be pretty nice to be about done about the time they kickoff the season. Granted there will almost always be a curveball thrown in there with a kid or two close to signing day. But could you imagine being ISU and having none right now? I doubt they'll get very many between now and kickoff. That'd be just brutal....

He very well could be, but I was hoping to see a little more variety (i.e. polish) in the highlight film. It looked like they showed all 19 of his catches as a junior in the Hudl junior highlight vid (I didn't count, but sure seemed like it could have been close) and most of them seemed like they told him just to go deep. There were a couple hitches, but I don't know if there was enough to display said polish. It would be interesting to see his ability to get in and out of breaks...it does appear as though he plays the ball relatively well. Hope we can figure out how to use a guy like this (cough Damond Powell cough) :p.

I'm just picking nits though, because June.

You're trying way too hard, and you're on the losing end.

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2015/6/18/8802197/b1g-2015-iowa-starters-their-other-offers

BTW you do know that Pitt and Syracuse are not good at football, right?

HAHA....so now only other offers from certain P5 schools mean something, got it. The only people trying to hard are the ones who want to blast away at every kid that is recruited. Go ahead and keep blasting if you want. Take a look at Wisconsin's recruits to date. Nearly half of their verbals don't even another P5 offer. Some of them have a Ill. offer, or Iowa offer, and like 2 or 3 of them have a ton of offers.

If you think this is uncommon this time of year, then you don't know shat about recruiting. Most schools are offering kids that are obvious ones (4* or 5* on just film alone) the rest are asked to come and camp to earn their offers. That is why you see the offers the way they are. If these kids kept camping all over the country, and kept recruiting open, they would earn more offers. Some of them might earn late offers anyway from school later in the process as more and more kids take a seat on the recruiting carrousel.

Just checked out the highlight film and this dude looks LEGIT! He's obviously the fastest player on the field with definite break away speed. Could be a great player to have on Iowa and a quick receiver that we're not used to. I just hope we let him get into the mix early so we don't have another Derrick Willies situation.

Latest posts