Wow. Same Steve Alford we came to know and loathe?

We can all debate who deserves the credit but he has taken 4 programs to the NCAA tournament.

He may have finally got enough on the job training to be a head coach. Good for him...

Sure doesn't hurt that he's now coaching at a program that seems to always have top tier talent.

Put him back on Iowa's sidelines, and I'd bet that the results would be, more or less, very similar to what we saw when he was here.

I'm glad he left, but I do think by the time he was done at Iowa, he had matured into a good coach. But the Pierre Pierce incident is more important than any basketball outcome.

Sure doesn't hurt that he's now coaching at a program that seems to always have top tier talent.

Put him back on Iowa's sidelines, and I'd bet that the results would be, more or less, very similar to what we saw when he was here.

Why can't anyone just let Steve go?
For god sakes, he's doing a great job @ UCLA...let it be.

Oh my he won 2games the tourney for UCLA and now all the sudden there is love and admiration for Mr. Fake golden boy.

really don't care what the guy is doing now.

I thought he could always coach, he just was terrible at player retension. If he signed 4 kids you knew 2 would never play.

Triton, I take it you forgot the melt down in his last NCAA tourney game for Iowa. That should be enough evidence to refute your he can coach claim. He did absolutely nothing to stop the teams free fall at the end of that game.

Triton, I take it you forgot the melt down in his last NCAA tourney game for Iowa. That should be enough evidence to refute your he can coach claim. He did absolutely nothing to stop the teams free fall at the end of that game.

I have a hard time putting that an Alford. Iowa's players choked. Missing ft's, terrible turnovers, etc.......It was basically a performance down the stretch like we saw this year about 10 different times.

I have a hard time putting that an Alford. Iowa's players choked. Missing ft's, terrible turnovers, etc.......It was basically a performance down the stretch like we saw this year about 10 different times.

Both Alford's last season at Iowa and this past season with Fran were epic disappointments. Hopefully, the Hawks bounce back.

He may be as good as Mr. Davis, oh wait, we fired his *** too. Poor Fran, unless he makes Elite 8 every year he's doomed.

How many time outs did Alf call during the slide? What changes did he make on O or D? What substitutions did he make? The answers? None. Good game coaches make changes when their team is in trouble.

Which would be better than where we are at today.

Oh my he won 2games the tourney for UCLA and now all the sudden there is love and admiration for Mr. Fake golden boy.

really don't care what the guy is doing now.

Funny for somebody that "doesn't care"... you sure have shown a lot of disdain towards "Mr. Fake golden boy."

Funny for somebody that "doesn't care"... you sure have shown a lot of disdain towards "Mr. Fake golden boy."

I'm just boggled at the sudden man love I'm seeing for Alford all the sudden.

I honestly didn't know you people existed... seriously I don't no one person who likes Steve Alford around here but then these bizarre posts appear.

Just weird is all.

Alford's overall attitude coupled with Iowa's horrible basketball facilities were a recipe for disaster.

No way of knowing how he could have recruited and retained players at Iowa with solid facilities because his arrogance and public comments about the Pierce incident doomed him long before they were possible.

Even if Iowa had made a good run in 2006 and beyond, some fans were not coming back until he was gone or at the minimum made a public apology. And he's far to self absorbed to do something with that amount of class.

Latest posts