Wow, one loss away from

Yeah, and it would be Duke basically on their home court. Good luck with that.

Love how there's an NC site every single year for the blue bloods.

The NCAA and CBS do not like to show empty seats and having game sites in rabid bball territory of big time teams usually solves that problem. IU, Kentucky, OSU MSU etc used to get first 2 games in the upper Ohio river valley all the time in Indy and elsewhere.

Way this team is playing it could be a very easy lose out to end the season, that is what happens when you have a clown as a head coach!!
If you want to think that way, fine. I think Iowa wins in Champaign Sunday. And if Illinois loses at Ohio State tomorrow night - obviously a distinct possibility - Iowa will be playing Sunday night for a chance to be the #4 seed in the BTT, regardless of what else happens. THAT would be one major accomplishment in one tough, nasty season.

One good thing about this loss is it barely even affected our double bye chances. Root hard for Ohio State Thursday. If they win, we control our own destiny again.
I didn’t realize they played Thursday...just assumed it was tonight. That’s a big advantage this time of year IMO. I think it’s 50-50 we win Sunday.

The double bye would have been huge. What a shitshow last night

Totally agree and it was a game of significant importance kinda like BTT and NCAA one and done games. We all know how that’s gone.

The truth is the only thing that sets this team apart from any other team Fran has coached is Garza. Without him it’s just another typical Fran team that tries to live from the three point line.

Live by the three, die by the three. Let’s hope Fran can make hay while we still have a Garza in the NEST. I would be tremendously shocked if Garza doesn’t go pro after this season.

It would be huge for him to return to help develop Nunge and get him ready for two seasons from now. If Garza leaves then the only size we have will be Nunge who has yet to play enough to show us anything.

Sure there will be nights when the outside shots are falling and win, but on the nights when those shots aren’t falling and a lack of size on the inside it will get ugly.

So here’s to hoping Garza sticks around.

Totally agree and it was a game of significant importance kinda like BTT and NCAA one and done games. We all know how that’s gone.

The truth is the only thing that sets this team apart from any other team Fran has coached is Garza. Without him it’s just another typical Fran team that tries to live from the three point line.

Live by the three, die by the three. Let’s hope Fran can make hay while we still have a Garza in the NEST. I would be tremendously shocked if Garza doesn’t go pro after this season.

It would be huge for him to return to help develop Nunge and get him ready for two seasons from now. If Garza leaves then the only size we have will be Nunge who has yet to play enough to show us anything.

Sure there will be nights when the outside shots are falling and win, but on the nights when those shots aren’t falling and a lack of size on the inside it will get ugly.

Truthfully, Garza isn't setting this team apart from other Fran team. He is the only reason this team is keeping up with other Fran teams. The reason for that is injuries tho. Without injuries, this would easily be Fran's best team.

Feel dumb just giving Maryland the regular season title a couple of weeks ago. Given the league this year I should have known better.

Our chances of beating a 2 seed would be better this year, but it would still suck to end up in that boat. A loss to Illinois will almost certainly put is there tho. Playing Duke or Kentucky in the 2nd round should be fun....
Can't fucking wait, ugh

Blah blah. 9th, 3rd, makes no matter. Get to the NCAAs and do some damage. If they fail to do that then we can complain.
BTW this is an historically deep B10 conference. No shame in our performance this year.
You can't lose to inferior teams like Nebraska and Purdue. Our history in the field of 68 is not stellar. We need to perform well in the BTT, and see what happens. Again, even the BTT is usually a one and done for Iowa. Hopefully not this year

You can't lose to inferior teams like Nebraska and Purdue. Our history in the field of 68 is not stellar. We need to perform well in the BTT, and see what happens. Again, even the BTT is usually a one and done for Iowa. Hopefully not this year

I'm not sure Purdue is an inferior team. For sure not inferior enough to fall into the "cant lose to them" category like nebraska is.

Truthfully, Garza isn't setting this team apart from other Fran team. He is the only reason this team is keeping up with other Fran teams. The reason for that is injuries tho. Without injuries, this would easily be Fran's best team.

Sure would have liked to see what a healthy Nunge would have done for this team. Tall, muscular, with good outside shooting ability.

I'm not sure Purdue is an inferior team. For sure not inferior enough to fall into the "cant lose to them" category like nebraska is.

I am not so sure last night's game was as much of an indictment on Iowa as it was Purdue. Purdue has size, speed, shooting, plays really good defense and a lot of depth, so how in the world did they play so poorly at times?

If Garza leaves this team will have a hard time scoring 50 points in a big ten game

Agree 100%. Purdue's KenPom, despite their record, was just below Iowa's for the last month and actually jumped ours after Tuesday's game.

Carsen Edwards, who made last year's NCAA'S his showcase, was a monumental loss for them and i think it took the some time to get their mojo back. It remains to be seen if it is too late for them to be an NCAA bid.

No sure if people really think things through. In power five conferences where the tournament champion gets an automatic bid means the NCAA tournament has officially started with the conference tournament especially for the teams at the bottom of the conference. It’s one and done for them. This is their first round in the NCAA. So in essence if you count all the teams in the power five conferences that are given automatic bids to the conference tournament there are a lot more teams than just the 64 in the tournament.

You see Lickliter had us in the NCAA tournament every year. :p

Agree 100%. Purdue's KenPom, despite their record, was just below Iowa's for the last month and actually jumped ours after Tuesday's game.

Carsen Edwards, who made last year's NCAA'S his showcase, was a monumental loss for them and i think it took the some time to get their mojo back. It remains to be seen if it is too late for them to be an NCAA bid.

They inserted the 40 year old into the starting lineup. That’s helped them