Wow, one loss away from

Yes there are eight teams right now with eight wins or less. This is one tough conference.

OSU plays Illinois and at Michigan State

Michigan plays at Maryland

Rutgers has only won one time all season away from the RAC.

I think we are okay. Overall a solid year and as I’ve been telling you folks for weeks big ten standing are really quite irrelevant outside of winning the league. Iowa should still get a solid seed. Overall this has been a very good year of basketball all things considered.

Almost for sure a 6 with a loss and about a 60% chance of a 4 with a win. Gotta root hard for OSH Thursday. Weird how much I wanted Prnn State to win and if they did our double bye chances would be over. I think.

Yep. If this team plays its way down to a 7 seed (again), it'll be an early exit (again).

One Sweet 16 since 1988. Sigh.
Our chances of beating a 2 seed would be better this year, but it would still suck to end up in that boat. A loss to Illinois will almost certainly put is there tho. Playing Duke or Kentucky in the 2nd round should be fun....

Our chances of beating a 2 seed would be better this year, but it would still suck to end up in that boat. A loss to Illinois will almost certainly put is there tho. Playing Duke or Kentucky in the 2nd round should be fun....

Yeah, and it would be Duke basically on their home court. Good luck with that.

Love how there's an NC site every single year for the blue bloods.

Lol. “Doing some damage” at the NCAAs is a whole lot less likely the lower seed you get. It sure as hell matters.
Lol. “Doing some damage” at the NCAAs is a whole lot less likely the lower seed you get. It sure as hell matters.
Of course seeding matters. Just not that much. I still contend that one more conference loss won’t change our NCAA tournament outcome substantially.

I think tonight Kentucky lost to Tennessee at home. I bet their whole fan base is pretty sure there’s no chance they can make the sweet 16.

This team needs to get physical and needs to learn how to box out. This is the Big Ten for gods sake. I not seeing a win at Illinois if this team that played tonight shows up.

Last edited:
This team has 11 wins in conference - in a year where they've been down 3 to 4 scholarship players through out. Couple that with everything they lost last season and yet, they've been ranked for a good part of the year. I want them to win and last night was incredibly disappointing, but do we really have to do this after every loss? Yes, it was a missed opportunity, but this team is playing with house money at this point. Anything extra besides just getting to the dance is gravy and 1000% acceptable. Yes, it's been 1 sweet 16 since 1988. Yes, no conference title's in 30+ years...but that's not THIS teams fault. This team is pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Top 25 good. What an enjoyable year in a year I don't think anyone expected it. Iowa has made 5 of the last 7 NCAA's. It hasn't reached the heights I want either, but after the Alford and Lick experience, it's nice to be playing relevant hoops again. I am invested again. I appreciate the team and coaches cause they sure make winter better.

I’m not convinced we are a 7 seed with a loss at Illinois. We’ve beaten a ton of good teams and time and time again the committee relies on who have you beaten when seeding.

I still think Iowa will be a 6, I guess the question is what happens in the BTT.

Way this team is playing it could be a very easy lose out to end the season, that is what happens when you have a clown as a head coach!!

Seeding matters of course, but this particular year I’m not sure how big a deal it is with the parity. There isn’t a single team on the 1 or 2 line that isn’t beatable, unless the NCAA makes a special waiver and puts Purdue there.