Wow Kentucky

Not to mention, the guy had the #1 recruiting class in 2011 & 2012 and didn't even make the tourney last year so lets not pretend he's Dean Smith or anything.

I think you mad a strong argument against your previous post. Whether all the talent in the world is there or not, they still have to perform, have some chemistry, and get things figured out. Regardless of the talent of the players he brings in, I don't see anything easy about a coach having to overhaul his team on a yearly basis, regardless of who is being brought in to do it.

Google John Calipari and that will answer your question. If you knew anything about his history you would know that the people who are griping about him and Kentucky aren't doing so just because he wins. Come on man.

Seriously that second paragraph is extremely ignorant.

Three final fours in four years, never been in trouble with the NCAA, pretty impressive resume.

I think you mad a strong argument against your previous post. Whether all the talent in the world is there or not, they still have to perform, have some chemistry, and get things figured out. Regardless of the talent of the players he brings in, I don't see anything easy about a coach having to overhaul his team on a yearly basis, regardless of who is being brought in to do it.

I'm not saying it's easy to win a NC with the best talent in the game but it sure makes things a lot easier than with a team full of scrubs. As a certain football coach used to say 'It's not the X's and O's it's the Jimmys and Joes'. Calipari seems to be very good at managing egos (I'm sure there are some very inflated ones at UK) so he deserves credit for that but I'm hesitant to crown him for much more than he is which is a very successful recruiter with some black marks on his resume.

Latest posts