Wow Iowa State is crushing #1 Houston

longtimer

I know this is an Iowa Board and believe me I am not an Iowa State fan, but you just have to say they have a great team and probably coach of the year. Just the truth
They now might get a 1 seed and have to be one of the favorites to win it all

Hopefully, they blew their load in the conference tourney. If they make a deep run in the NCAA tourney it will just magnify everything Iowa can’t get right. Otzelberger literally does everything the opposite way Fran does.

Last edited:
Rumors abound that Otzelberger may be the next Michigan coach. We will see. If so where will the clowns go after that?

Last edited:
Rumors abound that Otzelberger may be the next Michigan coach. We will see. If so where will the clowns go after that?
NO way Otzelberger going to Michigan He has a big buyout and he is building what looks to be a powerhouse program at the school he claimed to be his dream job

NO way Otzelberger going to Michigan He has a big buyout and he is building what looks to be a powerhouse program at the school he claimed to be his dream job
UM can probably pay twice what ISU can. Plus recruiting is significantly easier.

Not only did ISU not get a 1 seed, they got about as tough a draw as could have been handed to them. Isn't their first round opponent TJ's former school? Then a potential second round matchup with a severely underrated and underseeded Drake team?

Wisconsin got a tremendous break with the Friday draw. Their legs finally gave out late vs Illinois. Iowa did not get that draw two years ago. Wisconsin will need every extra minute of rest they can get.

Last edited:
3 B1G teams in 8/9 line, Wi in 4/5 with Duke. Any hope for B1G rides with Purdue and Illinois. I could get behind Purdue, but no way on Illinois. Just can’t go there.

ISU got hosed.
Reminds me of 1987 when Iowa drew the winner of the Arizona/UTEP 7 vs 10 game. They got either a team playing on their home floor or a severely underseeded UTEP team. UTEP advanced and then gave Iowa all they could handle. If not for the energy UTEP had to expend surviving Arizona in OT Iowa probably loses that game. They had Iowa down seven with seven minutes to go and were locked in defensively. Their legs finally wore down late, they had to play more zone than they were accustomed to playing and Iowa (who had a light workload in their easy opening round win) survived by the skin of their teeth.

ISU got hosed.

Tournament selection team have a hard on against and team from Iowa. M-effers screwed the Iowa Women by giving them the hardest path.

Right now as I type this they are talking about the Iowa women and that their matchup against LSU last year was the highest rated game in women’s college basketball history last year. Oh looky at who Iowa will have to go through to get to the championship game this year. All the experts say Iowa has the toughest schedule. M-effers.

Latest posts