Wow, Eno Benjamin...

Would have been nice to have the last couple years. I think Goodson is better but it would have been nice to have Eno for those years.

I have not followed him much since he ended up at ASU but he does remind a lot of a LaDainian Tomlinson type runner in stature, running style and that spin move. Surprised he went that late, but he is a RB.

A lot of RBs fell... 15 yrs ago Taylor from Wisconsin would have been a top 5 pick. I think Eno can play. He's versatile. Quick and elusive can catch the ball. Don't be surprised if he sticks in the NFL for awhile. He's got a Phillip Lindsay kinda feel to him. He's not an NFL bell cow kind of guy. But he could do some damage with 10 touches a game or so. But that said I thought similar things about Wadley coming out too...

The thing about Benjamin is that you just need to occupy people...he will find the hole. If you watch his tape...he's doing things that you can't teach with all the jump cuts and vision. He's a really good back. I think he's going to be more of a 3rd down back in the NFL...but he's talented. I'm not lamenting what happened...got over it pretty quick, but if you don't watch him and think he would have done wonders for the Iowa running game over the past two years...well...you are sorely mistaken.

...gets left behind until Round 7. AFTER four Hawkeyes (Wirfs, AJE, Ojemudia, Stone). Weren't they talking about him as possible Heisman candidate at one point?
What's your point? Brad Banks was Heisman runner up and never got drafted. None of the 4 Hawkeyes you mentioned are rbs. Eno is a hell of a back that would have helped us out tremendously, and was arguably better than any back on our roster. He should have stayed at ASU another year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he contributes in the NFL.

The thing about Benjamin is that you just need to occupy people...he will find the hole. If you watch his tape...he's doing things that you can't teach with all the jump cuts and vision. He's a really good back. I think he's going to be more of a 3rd down back in the NFL...but he's talented. I'm not lamenting what happened...got over it pretty quick, but if you don't watch him and think he would have done wonders for the Iowa running game over the past two years...well...you are sorely mistaken.
I agree. He's skilled and pretty talented. Has a feel for the game. Granted the Pac 12 isn't the BIG but there's nothing to take away from what he can do on the field. He reminds me of McCoy in his hay day with the Eagles a little too. If he stays healthy and gets a shot on the right team he could etch out a career. In todays RB by committee way of doing things he may not get the chance to be a feature back but we'll see.

They were saying on ESPN's broadcast that they were really surprised that he was still on the board at that time. I think he'll stick around the NFL for a while. He's talented, no doubt.

Looking at his stats, in terms of running the ball I don't think his numbers jump out at you especially when you look at the competition they played and his YPC. What I do like about him from watching his tape is he was decisive and didn't dance a lot. He also had 42 receptions last year and had some big receiving games in terms of yardage. I don't think his size equates to many carries at the next level but his hands and maybe return game is where he can get some playing time.

In my opinion that is where the Hawks could improve a lot by making some of the shorter passes to the backs (besides screens) an extension of the running game. There were flashes in some games where they would use it but then it was as if they never tried it again. I think all backs we had could catch so so not sure why it was not visited much especially when you look at the issues we had getting the ball to the TE position.

It seems like the running back position has been pushed down draft boards for the past several years. The abuse their bodies take give them a short NFL lifespan so it seems like teams focus on other areas first. I remember when several running backs used to be taken in the first round and now they are getting pushed into the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I think Enos will make a good NFL running back and I was surprised to see him last that long but it's the trend.

RB's are a dime a dozen now. Unless they really are a double or triple threat like McCaffery, its plug and play.

Yep. Unless you have a guy like McCaffery or Barkley, you just wait and wait. They have a below average lifespan in the league, so no sense in wasting an early pick or tying up a bunch of cash in a guy on his first contract.

RB's are a dime a dozen now. Unless they really are a double or triple threat like McCaffery, its plug and play.

Not so sure. These days, if you can catch the ball out of the backfield and still be a 3-down player, you're elite. Not all RBs can do that.

What's your point? Brad Banks was Heisman runner up and never got drafted. None of the 4 Hawkeyes you mentioned are rbs. Eno is a hell of a back that would have helped us out tremendously, and was arguably better than any back on our roster. He should have stayed at ASU another year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he contributes in the NFL.

<<He should have stayed at ASU another year>>

Bingo. I am shocked he fell so far. So what gives? I can see him going after Wirfs and AJE. Never would have guessed he would go after Ojemudia and Stone, as well.

RBs are no longer as highly regarded as they once were. They seem almost disposable in the NFL. If I was a player in HS with that kind of talent. I would switch over to the defensive side and be a CB.. They are sought after postitions that get payed and are higher drafted.

Latest posts