WOW-didnt know there were so many Cyclone fans agree with

hawkfan1217

I enjoyed this thread over at Cyfanatic (their off-topic board really is quite good).
"I don't like the Cubs." - CycloneFanatic
I also hate the Cubs for several reasons....

1. It has for some reason become 'cool' to be a Cubs fan (at least when they are supposed to be good) like wearing an Affliction or Ed Hardy t-shirt. (none of these=coolness)

2. Living in IA, most people assume we are all Cubs fans...this is not the case so dont ask me for the Cubs score because i dont care and I hope they got beat or are getting beat

3. The Cubs have more bandwagon fans than IA and ISU combined (maybe that was reason #1 but bears repeating.)

Anyone else's thoughts on Votto's comments or the Cubs in general?
(im a dodger fan, for the record)

cubs-next-year.jpg

cardinal_bomb_cubs.jpg

I enjoyed this thread over at Cyfanatic (their off-topic board really is quite good).

1. It has for some reason become 'cool' to be a Cubs fan (at least when they are supposed to be good) like wearing an Affliction or Ed Hardy t-shirt. (none of these=coolness)

2. Living in IA, most people assume we are all Cubs fans...this is not the case so dont ask me for the Cubs score because i dont care and I hope they got beat or are getting beat

3. The Cubs have more bandwagon fans than IA and ISU combined (maybe that was reason #1 but bears repeating.)

That statement is misleading. Let's throw out an arbitrary # of 100,000 "bandwagon" Iowa fans. If you combined 100,000 bandwagon Iowa with the number of bandwagon ISU fans you would have 100,000 total bandwagon fans.

If you didn't attend ISU, you aren't an ISU fan. There's a reason they are so jealous of our fanbase that they call us "tavernhawks".

Don't you have to win something to have a bandwagon for someone to climb aboard? I'm totally perplexed at how the Cubs could have bandwagon fans if you think about the definition of bandwagon fans.

Don't you have to win something to have a bandwagon for someone to climb aboard? I'm totally perplexed at how the Cubs could have bandwagon fans if you think about the definition of bandwagon fans.

Beat me to it. Hey OP, the Cubs suck! You'd think that would please you.

HAHAHA...you guys are right!

ISU doesnt have any bandwagon fans right now....but IF they ever put together a season of 8+ wins there are still plenty of nerds who graduated from there that will put on their decade-old ISU shirt and claim to be their biggest fans. (god forbid if they ever beat IA again in my life...makes for a long year).

And maybe i used the wrong term for cubs fans.....more like 'fair-weather' than bandwagon.
Every spring i have a bunch of friends who act like they need to watch every cubs game that is on. As soon as they are out of contention by mid-May.....they all say "i knew they were going to suck...who cares".
When the cubs actually are in a pennant race....the 'fans' make me want to throw up (they were just in the playoffs 2 years ago getting swept by the Dodgers).

Also...i hated Sammy Sosa more than any other baseball player in the past 25 years. As soon as he hit like 20 HRs in the June of '98 (?) i called that he was juicing. I just didnt know about the cork until everyone else did.

Latest posts